ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:38 am

I've made about five of these in the past so let's just stick with one... Heh. Stick.

Talk about everything and anything to do with the ZDoom wiki here.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:40 am

I changed the layout of the Hudmessagepage yesterday because I thought it was pretty confusing. Anyone think it's any better? Think you can do it better? Go for it :)

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:01 am

Hey, Randy (or anyone else with admin powers on the wiki, but I think that's just Randy): could it be possible to fix the "Template:Title" bug? The page exists, as you can see; but if you look at wanted pages, you'll see it listed. It has pretendedly one link, but if you follow it, you'll find none. I made it give the pages that use it the Category:Annoying_pages, but there are no pages belonging to it.

So, in short, we have a page that is 1. existing, 2. linked to by nobody, 3. listed to as wanted.
Last edited by Gez on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:06 am

I shifted the note about the HudMessage's 'box' to before the explanation of the co-ordinates, as that particular section was referring to the box before the box itself was explained. Apart from that, it's a great improvement.

I'm thinking that, for the co-ordinates, a SBARINFO-style screen layout guide would be handy. What do you think?

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:13 am

Go for it dude. I never use SBARINFO so I don't know how I'd like to read it. :)

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:18 am

Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

There is no explanation of what options there are, and what they do. I really need this info for my Mario project, as I am experiancing some problems with PowerMorph

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Gez wrote:Template:Title

Sorry, I don't know anything about that. I thought the rebuildLinks.php maintenance script looked like the best candidate for resolving something, but it didn't do anything.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 am

CaptainToenail wrote:Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

There is no explanation of what options there are, and what they do. I really need this info for my Mario project, as I am experiancing some problems with PowerMorph


Contact MartinHowe, I believe he coded all the morphprojectile stuff.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:06 am

CaptainToenail wrote:Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

There is no explanation of what options there are, and what they do. I really need this info for my Mario project, as I am experiancing some problems with PowerMorph


Err... :?
The PowerMorph Wiki Entry wrote:They are summarised here; for full details and additional notes, please refer to the MorphProjectile class.


They share the same flag bits and notes, so repeating them in two Wiki entries was considered a maintainance threat (i.e., what if the two copies of the same description get out of step?)

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm

randy wrote:
Gez wrote:Template:Title

Sorry, I don't know anything about that. I thought the rebuildLinks.php maintenance script looked like the best candidate for resolving something, but it didn't do anything.

Strange. I really wonder what causes this. Oh well.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:07 pm

The page Actor_properties doesn't have a link to Weapon defined properties, like Actor_flags does at the very bottom. Both do indeed have links to Inventory properties, though (As well as correctly linking to PlayerPawn-defined properties, as well.) It was giving me a major headache when I didn't know where to look for weapon defined properties before. =(

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Zhs2 wrote:The page Actor_properties doesn't have a link to Weapon defined properties, like Actor_flags does at the very bottom. Both do indeed have links to Inventory properties, though (As well as correctly linking to PlayerPawn-defined properties, as well.) It was giving me a major headache when I didn't know where to look for weapon defined properties before. =(

That's because it said that inventory types have their own properties, and weapon is an inventory type... But I've clarified it a bit more and specifically used Weapon as an example of an inventory with its own properties.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:34 am

Am I the only one who thinks it's a pain in the arse having all the properties on different pages? I'm going to put them on this page under seperate headings and see what people think.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:48 am

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties

Yay or nay? If Yay then I'll do the same for the flags page.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:54 am

Cutmanmike wrote:http://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties

Yay or nay? If Yay then I'll do the same for the flags page.

Personally, I like it the way you did it here. That's just me, though. :)

I know it sounds redundant, but I'd like to keep both the way you have it, and the information that came from its respective pages. I think there's a way to make duplicate items with the wiki (template, maybe?) that allow you to keep only one page for information but present that info on multiple pages.