ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:38 am

I've made about five of these in the past so let's just stick with one... Heh. Stick.

Talk about everything and anything to do with the ZDoom wiki here.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:40 am

I changed the layout of the Hudmessagepage yesterday because I thought it was pretty confusing. Anyone think it's any better? Think you can do it better? Go for it :)

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:01 am

Hey, Randy (or anyone else with admin powers on the wiki, but I think that's just Randy): could it be possible to fix the "Template:Title" bug? The page exists, as you can see; but if you look at wanted pages, you'll see it listed. It has pretendedly one link, but if you follow it, you'll find none. I made it give the pages that use it the Category:Annoying_pages, but there are no pages belonging to it.

So, in short, we have a page that is 1. existing, 2. linked to by nobody, 3. listed to as wanted.
Last edited by Gez on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:06 am

I shifted the note about the HudMessage's 'box' to before the explanation of the co-ordinates, as that particular section was referring to the box before the box itself was explained. Apart from that, it's a great improvement.

I'm thinking that, for the co-ordinates, a SBARINFO-style screen layout guide would be handy. What do you think?

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:13 am

Go for it dude. I never use SBARINFO so I don't know how I'd like to read it. :)

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:18 am

Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

There is no explanation of what options there are, and what they do. I really need this info for my Mario project, as I am experiancing some problems with PowerMorph

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Gez wrote:Template:Title

Sorry, I don't know anything about that. I thought the rebuildLinks.php maintenance script looked like the best candidate for resolving something, but it didn't do anything.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 am

CaptainToenail wrote:Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

There is no explanation of what options there are, and what they do. I really need this info for my Mario project, as I am experiancing some problems with PowerMorph

Contact MartinHowe, I believe he coded all the morphprojectile stuff.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:06 am

CaptainToenail wrote:Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

Err... :?
The PowerMorph Wiki Entry wrote:They are summarised here; for full details and additional notes, please refer to the MorphProjectile class.

They share the same flag bits and notes, so repeating them in two Wiki entries was considered a maintainance threat (i.e., what if the two copies of the same description get out of step?)

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm

randy wrote:
Gez wrote:Template:Title

Sorry, I don't know anything about that. I thought the rebuildLinks.php maintenance script looked like the best candidate for resolving something, but it didn't do anything.

Strange. I really wonder what causes this. Oh well.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:07 pm

The page Actor_properties doesn't have a link to Weapon defined properties, like Actor_flags does at the very bottom. Both do indeed have links to Inventory properties, though (As well as correctly linking to PlayerPawn-defined properties, as well.) It was giving me a major headache when I didn't know where to look for weapon defined properties before. =(

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Zhs2 wrote:The page Actor_properties doesn't have a link to Weapon defined properties, like Actor_flags does at the very bottom. Both do indeed have links to Inventory properties, though (As well as correctly linking to PlayerPawn-defined properties, as well.) It was giving me a major headache when I didn't know where to look for weapon defined properties before. =(

That's because it said that inventory types have their own properties, and weapon is an inventory type... But I've clarified it a bit more and specifically used Weapon as an example of an inventory with its own properties.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:34 am

Am I the only one who thinks it's a pain in the arse having all the properties on different pages? I'm going to put them on this page under seperate headings and see what people think.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:48 am

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties

Yay or nay? If Yay then I'll do the same for the flags page.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:54 am

Cutmanmike wrote:http://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties

Yay or nay? If Yay then I'll do the same for the flags page.

Personally, I like it the way you did it here. That's just me, though. :)

I know it sounds redundant, but I'd like to keep both the way you have it, and the information that came from its respective pages. I think there's a way to make duplicate items with the wiki (template, maybe?) that allow you to keep only one page for information but present that info on multiple pages.