I need the textures from DooM

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
kronchev

I need the textures from DooM

Post by kronchev »

Without having to extract them from the WAD, or browse with a 3rd party program, does anyone know of a website or something that has all the textures? I need them for artistic inspiration. I know I could just play the game and see them (;)), but I'd rather be able to look at all at once.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: I need the textures from DooM

Post by Hirogen2 »

kronchev wrote:does anyone know of a website or something that has all the textures?
No, they are copyrighted. 3rd party tools as you call them may help. Wintex, XWE, some others probably. They donot show them altogether, but they're ok.
YOu could also visit the http://Freedoom.sf.net website, which has all (their) textures on one view.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The DeePsea texture browser can get a helluva lot on screen at one time (126 at my screen resolution) and you can just page up/down to see the rest. OK, so it's a 3rd party tool, but you can see nearly all the textures in one go.
Mighty Duck X-treme

Post by Mighty Duck X-treme »

I strongly recommand Deepsea for extracting all the DooM/DooM II textures.

First thing you may want to do though, is you that you'll want to make a new folder, so you'll know where you'll extract the textures to. :-)
Biff

Post by Biff »

Technically speaking, I believe that you'll be able to extract the doom/doom2 patches. Often the textures contain only one patch, so it's the same thing, patch = texture. However, some textures have multiple patches in them and it's those textures you can't extract as-is, IIRC.

You can easily extract the "sprites", bitmaps of the monsters, weapons, etc.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Return to “General”