[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Nmn »

That looks great Deon :)
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

Cardinal switching from attack mode to flight mode.
Cardinal-takeoff-smol.gif
Cardinal-takeoff-smol.gif (21.03 KiB) Viewed 12659 times
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

TommyGalano5 wrote:n the flash on the head, with sum spit and polish the ORKS will be posted, after this some AK wielding Goblins or the Death corp of Krieg
Looks great, but too dark outline on the head.
Warhawk

Post by Warhawk »

It is done. However, incomplete.
Spoiler:
Credits to TheUndeadSoldier for "another zombieman pistol" sheet, and TommyGalano5 for BYO Shotgun Guy sheet
Deon

Post by Deon »

Man, I wish I had this sheet before I started on my Blackguard pistol sprites. I would have saved so much black ink :D.
GunPuncher
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GunPuncher »

bimshwel wrote:This is far too many moving parts for me to keep under control! Most especially the dingdang orange ribbons. And naturally there are more motions than this to produce. I shall definitely not be giving arm ribbons to any future beasts. It remains to be seen to what degree these angles not matching will bother me if I ever actually get them into the game.
wrhrewh.gif
214erw5.gif
This. This right here? That's the good stuff. I love how fluid it is. I dunno what project it's for if it's one at all, but I love it all the same and I need to see more of it. Lord it makes me wish I knew how2pixel
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

oh well thank you for noticing! things can certainly get buried in here. I don't treat that like pixel art, so much, until I am cleaning it up. the full size of both angle sets is 3173x1125; they get scaled down to one tenth size inside the game.
the project is tentatively named "watch out for dopes" but I never made a forum section for it (apart from for a 2005 demo that is long gone) since I don't expect to finish it any time in the near future and whenever I want to make a video there is something not quite working that I want to wait until I get around to dealing with. But I also "need" to finish the next part of something marginally unrelated before the year ends. Maybe next month...
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

bimshwel wrote:But I also "need" to finish the next part of something marginally unrelated before the year ends. Maybe next month...
I don't know why but that seems to open a blank page now (for me anyways), putting /wud at the end fixes that though.

http://bimshwel.com/ope/wud

I really do look forward to playing your project, though!
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

and thank you for noticing that! I think it might relate to me still having some image urls with http instead of httpS, though I have amended that now, at least on that one page. I believe the S stands for "scandalous if not present" and more sensitive browsers will sooner blank an entire website than go without even one.
KynikossDragonn

Nah it's not a https thing, I'm just getting served a 0 bytes page (I checked this with the network connections debugger in Firefox) if I open /ope, the actual webcomic page opens if I open /ope/wud instead.

It didn't use to do that though, so I'm confused what broke this time. It's a server issue not a webbrowser problem.
Deon

Post by Deon »

Here's a futuristic punk with an energy pistol, based on Pistol Dude posted by Graaicko earlier in this thread.
Deon_Graaicko_Punk.png
Last edited by Deon on Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
KynikossDragonn

Deon wrote:Here's a futuristic punk with an energy pistol, based on Pistol Dude posted by Graaicko earlier in this thread.
what a punk indeed, trying to take out the player with a Quake 2 blaster!
Deon

Post by Deon »

I'm glad you've noticed. I use this blaster from TypicalSF as an energy pistol in my weapon selection, and this guy drops ammo :)
BLSRA0.png
BLSRA0.png (14.31 KiB) Viewed 11909 times
(Weapon by Typical Sonic Fan)

P.S. I've modified the above post, I've added missing sprite rotations for hurt frames.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

This punk hair colour should be different. it doesnt look neither natural, neither dyed - it looks like he has a mud on his head.

https://free3d.com/3d-model/punk-hairst ... -8663.html
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

If you make the punk hair green, then not only will it look punky "out of the box" it would be very easy to randomise the hair colours using translations. Image

Return to “General”