Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Hunterj1234 wrote:that looks kind wierd

In what way? Can you offer any advice by which it can be improved?

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:42 pm

wildweasel wrote:

On the forth rotation on the bottom doomguy is kinda at the rong angle

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:36 am

Hunterj1234 wrote:
wildweasel wrote:

On the forth rotation on the bottom doomguy is kinda at the rong angle

Huh is that so, angles in Doom is a tricky bunch (for me, due to I use IbisPaintX) but I won't change it hence there's a empty version so that everyone is free to do what they want

Also:
HAAAUURRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! Die XENO scum!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:33 am

I like the concept but for me the possible negative issue is that it is a somewhat wide sprite at the side angles and might not rotate gracefully without intermediate angles added in, but since the tripod legs don't rotate at all it would be even more obvious that they don't with more instances of them.
Additionally, with the firing frames, it appears that the blasty part doesn't change at all between the two frames in the side angles. I would say it should jump between left and right a bit or at least grow and shrink, or even have the little red edge particles dance around so there appears to be action taking place.

///////////////
i feel inclined to make an edit example but my main computer broke down last week and I am waiting on replacement material; the backup computer isn't very good for these things and I have something of a deadline apart from that whose progress is extra slow as a consequence of the same break down words words and words.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:35 am

bimshwel wrote:I like the concept but for me the possible negative issue is that it is a somewhat wide sprite at the side angles and might not rotate gracefully without intermediate angles added in, but since the tripod legs don't rotate at all it would be even more obvious that they don't with more instances of them.
Additionally, with the firing frames, it appears that the blasty part doesn't change at all between the two frames in the side angles. I would say it should jump between left and right a bit or at least grow and shrink, or even have the little red edge particles dance around so there appears to be action taking place.

///////////////
i feel inclined to make an edit example but my main computer broke down last week and I am waiting on replacement material; the backup computer isn't very good for these things and I have something of a deadline apart from that whose progress is extra slow as a consequence of the same break down words words and words.

Ohh It's my first time trying that set of style so it's a new for me, hence the repeated fire frame and muzzleflashes
Welp there's that also here's a sneak peak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 pm

So I'm working on some Doom sprites and my daughter turns to me and ask's in full seriousness "so would Doomguy ever ride a unicorn?"

After losing my shit, I thought... damn right he would!
Majestic.PNG

-aslso super heroic shirtless long hair version!

I may be doing a full sheet of this because.. why not! :D

Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:46 am

I've got a bone to pick with you!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:49 pm

osjclatchford wrote:
goldsteedreturns wrote:here's a couple of sprite sheets I made earlier this year of a uac marine being held hostage (took inspiration from metal slug and brutal doom), and a blood inspired sprite sheet of a quake zombie rising from it's ground
quake zombie rising from ground credit : Horror Movie Guy and kinsie for the quake zombie sprite
uac marine hostage credits : Captain Toenail, zdoom dev team

just fyi, twas Me the at made the 'quake zombie' out of the 'zombie fodder' monster. i made it originally for quake; descent into heresy...

my apologizes, idk why i have horrormovie and kinise written down as the credits, will fix that rn

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:06 pm

They're ready use damn: dooot door dot

Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:23 am

Good looking skull interface sprites. And speaking of turret, it reminds me that i made one as well.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:51 pm

Seraph death animation.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:29 am

ActionDoomTurretRotations.png
Always weird that some sprites in Actiom Doom 1 didn't have complete 5 rotations and whatnot, especially the Turrets. So i added it to 'em!

Credit goes to Scuba Steve and ID Software.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:38 am

CherubCorps wrote:Seraph death animation.

Looks cool.

Can you set the animation to loop in the gif? It's easy to miss if you don't catch it as the page loads.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:19 pm

German Weapons come in many flavors, but my flavor is Machine Pistole Mark 40, what is yours?
(Credits: Turbo, ID Software)

ww2germanymoment.png

Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:34 pm

I don't know who Turbo is but that looks almost exactly like the gun from rise of the triad, but with a doom hand and gun flash and one piece on the opposite side.