OSJC's Resources (mostly map decorations!)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
osjclatchford

Re: trees! grass! bushes! etc... (map decorations!)

Post by osjclatchford »

well thanks guys!

I actually wanted them like this a long time ago. to be honest the code is a simple rehash of the labrat from my major-crisis mod. that simply uses the rat sprites as-is and also has a little squeaking noise for when the rat stops occasionally:
labrat.pk3
(114.7 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
- summon labrat to spawn one.

I felt I should do the rabbits as well as they've been a part of the doom saga since the end screen of ep3! its kinda a meme so I felt it has its place. all that was missing were decent sprites, and that just took time...
TheDoomedArchvile

Post by TheDoomedArchvile »

I have worked on a few world populating animals as well. They can all be found on Realm667 either in the repository or still in the forums waiting to be approved and/or receive more feedback. I'll provide my latest addition to this, a chicken with an additional feature. Included are two variants of the chicken which are actually disguised Imps from Heretic and Ifrits from Hexen. I thought it was a little fun and am always happy for more feedback, whether it be here or Realm667 forums. ^_^

Chicken Trio:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmtbjublx6k44 ... o.wad?dl=0
osjclatchford

crazed/insane civillians

Post by osjclatchford »

crazed_civillian.png
crazed_civillian.png (29.76 KiB) Viewed 7284 times
here's a 'crazed' civilian based off of the shadowcaster human slave sprites...

its intended as little more than a living decoration. just think quake2's insane prisoners. Ive made a file with them acting thus:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bytsirvz ... n.pk3/file
they spend their time just wandering around complaining and spazzing out on their knees every now and again and generally getting in the way of active firefights and splattering quite spectacularly in the process ;)
to summon simply choose insane_white, insane_grey, insane_black, insane_brown or insane_green and have fun watching them loose their minds at the horror of it all!
PRIMEVAL

Re: crazed/insane civillians

Post by PRIMEVAL »

osjclatchford wrote:
crazed_civillian.png
here's a 'crazed' civilian based off of the shadowcaster human slave sprites...

its intended as little more than a living decoration. just think quake2's insane prisoners. Ive made a file with them acting thus:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bytsirvz ... n.pk3/file
they spend their time just wandering around complaining and spazzing out on their knees every now and again and generally getting in the way of active firefights and splattering quite spectacularly in the process ;)
to summon simply choose insane_white, insane_grey, insane_black, insane_brown or insane_green and have fun watching them loose their minds at the horror of it all!
I'm loving this so much.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

thanks man. in major crisis (one of my mods) I've got them spawning randomly one, two or none near the stimpacks in doom2 and that populates +/- most of the maps pretty well... its great on map19! theres just loads of them outside the citadel!
you get a good smattering througout the other maps, spawning them anywhere there's a stimpack is a good way of assuring a fair distribution in the maps.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

dead d2 civvies2.png
dead d2 civvies2.png (6.37 KiB) Viewed 7073 times
dead civilians (based on hexen, strife and doom sprites) designed to match the hanging bodies from doom2...

feel free to use
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Oh, they look useful.
A good idea to use the Strife corpse but re-colour it and tweak it into the Doom style.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Enjay wrote:Oh, they look useful.
A good idea to use the Strife corpse but re-colour it and tweak it into the Doom style.
thanks!

Ive been working on an idea today, arcane versions of standard items. that is to say items that look like they belong in the hellish/ dimension themed maps:
arcane gear.png
arcane gear.png (3.43 KiB) Viewed 7002 times
so far I have barrels, based on the heretic barrel, both the 100 % and 200 % armours, made to match the armour bonus helmet and some health bonus style stimpacks and medkits...
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

v2 on the health bottles:
healthbottles.png
healthbottles.png (1.11 KiB) Viewed 6949 times
much closer to source material/inspiration...
memredi

Post by memredi »

I have used crazed civilians for my map I'm currently working on, to give it the blood's civilians vibe, is it okay?
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Of course it's ok. This resource thread is for that very purpose! I want people to use and enjoy this stuff as much as possible! Please send me a link to the map once it's done, I'd love to see it!
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

zirrions ssg-bearing zombie he did has got me back on making up new variants of the doom2 style dead decorations:
d2_bodies.png
osjclatchford

dragonflies!?

Post by osjclatchford »

so yeah i decided to take the nice dragonfly sprites from the amiga Jurassic park game and make them into one of my "living" decorations:
131001.png
131001.png (676 Bytes) Viewed 6337 times
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w40w1ywx ... y.pk3/file - the file

summon either dragonfly_r or dragonfly_l to see them go.
alternatively simply summon dragonfly (randomspawner)

osjclatchford

heretic style volcanos for doom!

Post by osjclatchford »

so these sprites are based off of the heretic volcano and the hot-rocks are recoloured asteroids from the super metroid intro scene at ceres space station!

to see it in action Ive slapped together a standalone file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f2hepdwd ... c.pk3/file
summon volcano and wait a bit, then off it goes!

its got heretic's sounds ported in too so its pretty familiar feeling but has that doom quality to it. these rocks also remind me of quakes hot-rocks more...

heres a preview screenie:
osjclatchford

man on a hedge...

Post by osjclatchford »

so back to the tree stuff. I only just discovered the small hedge sprites that romero released as part of his doom21'st birthday image dump of old stuff that never got used. (dont ask how I missed it at the time because I dont know...)

anyway a couple of hours and:
boosh.png
boosh.png (25.72 KiB) Viewed 6006 times
you know, the sad thing is I have real hedges here that need cutting... :roll:
Last edited by osjclatchford on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Resources”