Re: Custom Texture Thread.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:28 am

I've actually seen roughcast renders with that same kind of pattern. The zimmerit idea does explain the name, though.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:24 am

Finally decided to make the last of the combination skies. I really wish doom had more dark reds as that really messes up how the last one is supposed to look. I tried to go back in and add some dithering to sort it out but I am not sure how it will look in game. For anyone who wants it here is the true color version:
EDIT:the date modified on the other 2 skies is from 2013! took me long enough to get the last one

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Doominer441 wrote:I believe they were based off of pictures of Zimmerit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmerit

Wow. Thank you. Since 'zimmer' is German for 'room', I had always assumed that someone had been remodeling and had based the texture on the pattern in the adhesive when laying down tile or a mud pattern in drywalling. The more you know.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:48 am

Some cabinet textures i made for city based levels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:41 pm

Hell?

Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 am

i made this weird black cloud skybox, i think it looks nice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 04, 2021 8:44 pm

"Gun Store" textures
credits to Id Software for the Doom guns, everything else by me
feel free to use it in your projects, as long as I am credited

Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 pm

These are a bunch of textures I made for past projects, I divided them into three different parts
Nature: Rocks, Dirt, Leaves
Spoiler:

Medieval: Bricks, Wood, Stone Tiles
Spoiler:

Base: Wires, Lights, General Base Stuff
Spoiler:

I figured I should dump these here since most of the projects I've used these in have been put on hold to focus on one massive project, and I don't want these to simply go to waste.
These were all made by me, Im also planning on releasing some brightmaps i made for these sometime soon

Sat May 29, 2021 7:07 am

Holy crap those are NICE. Really nice.

Any chance you can bundle 'em into a texture wad for folks to use?

Sat May 29, 2021 8:18 am

Pretyy damn sexy indeed! Those nature textures are damn fine, I love that blue rock, reminds me of Minecraft heh.

Mon May 31, 2021 1:44 am

Combined a Plutonia sky with a TNT: evilution sky

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:57 am

Actual photo from the Mars Curiosity rover, made into a standard 128 sky.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:41 am

Damn man tahts amazing!

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:42 am

Today i made this TITLEPIC replacement

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:45 pm

zrrion the insect wrote:Image
Finally decided to make the last of the combination skies. I really wish doom had more dark reds as that really messes up how the last one is supposed to look. I tried to go back in and add some dithering to sort it out but I am not sure how it will look in game. For anyone who wants it here is the true color version:
EDIT:the date modified on the other 2 skies is from 2013! took me long enough to get the last one

Gosh I would have loved this stuff years ago. I was at one time obsessed with making taller versions of the base skies and and also incorporating scrapped doom 1 graphics into doom 2 levels.
my earliest palette edits were to make the darkest pink-reds even darker because two are identical to the darkest pure reds. there are also four pure whites, yet changing one reveals that somehow each is used separately despite being the same! rather irritating.