[Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Google drive link pg.1

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
neoworm

Re: [Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Google drive link pg.1

Post by neoworm »

Captain J wrote:Looks really accurate to the Raven's standard style. Looking good so far, but i think hag's outfit needs more smoothiness.
I made if ragged and ugly on purpose. It's an ugly hag in rags. I may return to those, do some basic animations and tweak the robe a little more.

In the meanwhile, 4 more NPCs from Ishar
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Found it:

and look who's on the back cover:

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Just for the hell of it, I tried to tweak the first one to try and give her a present day NPC appearance.

ImageImage
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Yeah, it's Kiriela in mock screenshot where you can't meet her in game. Also having Aramir in slot 4 is impossible. Ishar is weird, the game is straight up hostile towards players. But hell the art is pretty.

Also nice edit.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Now why would they put a screenshot of the blonde girl with the long legs and the big boobs on the back cover? A mystery for the ages.

:p
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Enjay wrote:Found it:

:surprise: What a treasure you have. It looks like you buy it yesterday! I wish I didnt lose my Icewind Dale box :cry: But this game is way newer, so it wont have this artifact feeling.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Wow those are so awesome NPC sprites right here Neo!

I agree with you guys, Ishar has amazing graphics. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Silmarils' art awesome :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

As a matter of interest neo, how did you get the sprites? Are you able to disassemble the files? I remember many, many years ago I put together a little .fli animation of some things from Ishar:LotF but I think that I just managed to screen grab the game and cut the sprites out using DPaint or something.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

They are ripped from screenshots. I coudn't find any way to access it's graphics.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The times when everything was so cool and gave you the medieval fantasy with a multiple floppies. I definitely can imagine.

Anyway about my hag question, i know that. But the texture feels not really smooth enough for Raven's standard. But i'm just spilballing here.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

An old mod that was never released? I remember Hpack had a red key that was a trident, perhaps that's the mod you mean? It was never officially released, so....
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

ShadesMaster wrote:An old mod that was never released? I remember Hpack had a red key that was a trident, perhaps that's the mod you mean? It was never officially released, so....
No, it wasn't HPack since I have access to HPack repo and was participating. I would have the resources if it was done for HPack. It was something else.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

I mentioned it in your Hexen widescreen thread, but any chance you'd be able to future-proof the Heretic widescreen images to 560x200 so they are 21:9 compatible?
Ringman

Re: [Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Fireman Axe pg.26

Post by Ringman »

LOL, it actually is anatomically possible to snap like that. I can snap on every finger, including my pinky, though my pinky is very quiet. THough the "ending pose" is more like your fingers closed with just your thumb out.

Also I love the monk, but heretic/hexen's shading is very much from above, with some high contrast and a lot of smooth gradients going in mostly a vertical direction. The dark bishops are a good example.
I tried to take a whack at reproducing that here:
hereticmonk.png
hereticmonk.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 4442 times
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Scuba Steve wrote:I mentioned it in your Hexen widescreen thread, but any chance you'd be able to future-proof the Heretic widescreen images to 560x200 so they are 21:9 compatible?
Yeah, I was talking with Nash about that and I will skip that. But he was talking about doing that based on my widescreen versions. I still have to do the Heretic ending with Heresiarch, it's the last one that's not widescreen yet.

Return to “Resources”