PSA Modeldef Gen (DN UnPSA Toolkit)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PSA Modeldef Gen (DN UnPSA Toolkit)

Post by Kizoky »

'DN UnPSA Toolkit' is modified to have a Modeldef Generator button
All it does is use the program's built-in animation data array to access each animation's first and last frame, and based on that generate modeldef definitions for use with GZDoom or Zandronum.

You can specify the first 3 characters of a Sprite, the last character of the sprite will increase from A to Z and from Z to 0-9 everytime the alphabet for the frames have ran out.

It's also possible to skip every frame by 2 if an animation has too many frames.

When pressing the button it will create a .txt file in the root folder where the .exe is.
Pressing the button multiple times won't clear out the file.

This tool isn't mine, I only decompiled it, and edited it to be useful for generating modeldef definitions as manually counting the frames is not ideal.

Requires .NET Framework 4.5

Download: https://github.com/Kizoky/PSA_ModeldefG ... s/tag/v1.0

Screenshots:

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”