Game displayed on incorrect monitor

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:25 am

When I put the windows settings on duplicate displays, I expect the game to be displayed on both displays. However, the game is only shown on my TV, while the monitor becomes black with only the ZDL window displayed. Workaround: alt-enter to disable full-screen and alt-enter again to get it back.

When I change my main screen to the TV, the game is still only displayed on the monitor in full-screen mode. I haven't found a workaround for this.

Specs:
Display adapter: Radeon RX 480
Monitors: Samsung S23B300 (connected by DVI) and an LCD TV (connected by HDMI). Both with native resolution 1920x1080.

Re: Game displayed on incorrect monitor

Thu May 13, 2021 9:31 pm

I'm guessing GZDoom uses exclusive mode and that is causing the issue?

Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 pm

yum13241 wrote:I'm guessing GZDoom uses exclusive mode and that is causing the issue?

Only if they're on a very old version. GZDoom has had only borderless fullscreen for a while now, because exclusive fullscreen in OpenGL is a hack and makes maintaining the code a nightmare, at least on Windows.

As far as I know, however, Windows is supposed to disable DWM on monitors with a borderless fullscreen window on them. (at least on 8 and above, anyway) So maybe it's something being caused by Windows itself.

Tue May 18, 2021 7:15 am

One bit of important info missing here: Does this happen in Vulkan, or OpenGL, or both?

Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 am

This will happen on all renderers;
Changing vid_adapter in the config will do the trick. Maybe putting a monitor option in display would help.