SwitchableDecorations ignore the Z distance

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Considering the wiki documentations: Activation and USESPECIAL
Something is not wornkig as it should. This SwitchableDecoration sample just ignore the Z distance.
It's not a big problem to solve but I think it shouldn't happen that way.

Switch.pk3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SwitchableDecorations ignore the Z distance

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:57 am

Does it make any difference if CheckSwitchRange is added to the mapinfo? Because this sounds like typical vanilla behavior.

Edit: never mind that, seems like CheckSwitchRange only affects lines.

Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Rachael wrote:The importance of simple examples in bug reports

Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:50 pm : "Not downloaded yet"

I need some feedback here. Is that a bug or i just did something wrong?

Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Well, it happens that the people who could answer your question are busy - it's a rough year, probably even more rough this month in particular. So, though you probably didn't want to hear this, you're probably just going to have to wait.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:11 am

What's there to test? Yes, the check is not z-sensitive. I know. Sorry, I currently really have no time working on GZDoom. All the little spare time I have goes into Raze at the moment but even that's not nearly what I'd like to do with these engines.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:17 am

Yeah. This year never ends.

Graf Zahl wrote:What's there to test? Yes, the check is not z-sensitive. I know...

That really help me already. I can fix this unexpected behaviour with some changes in Actor Decorate.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:36 pm

I don't know if it will help or not but you can use GetActorZ(0) in ACS to check the Z-height of the player and only do stuff if he is in the correct position.

e.g.
Code:
if(GetActorZ(0) < 96.0)
   {
      do stuff
   }

will only "do stuff" if the player (specifically his feet if I remember correctly) is below height 96.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Something like that.
I like to use A_CheckProximity and A_CheckRange in Switch Idle state to give or remove the USESPECIAL flag.

Thank you all

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 am

A_checkRange has the same issue.