[Hexen][Afrit] TID sometimes gets corrupted when dormant

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:53 am

If an Afrit is in a dormant state where it didn't hatch yet, shooting it, going near it or possibly other actions like transitioning between levels too will corrupt the assigned TID, making it go from 6 to 2117434019 or 1549667652 for example, and because the scripts tied to them will thus fail to work, they will never wake up.

Encountered in GZDoom v4.0.0

Re: [Hexen][Afrit] TID sometimes gets corrupted when dormant

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:09 am

Do you have a testable example?

Re: [Hexen][Afrit] TID sometimes gets corrupted when dormant

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:21 am

Damn, I forgot to test with -noautoload again :(
It was related to an older version of Tekish's Simple HUD Add-ons from last december when it was still called Simple UI Add-ons.
The newest version seems to no longer exhibit this bug, I refrained from updating because it makes use of ACS and didn't want to lose all my saves. Then again, after 4.0.0 rolled out my saves were incompatible anyway so I could have taken that initiative.
I'll try to be more thorough in the future, please be lenient with me :oops:

As for a testable example, Jimmy released Restless, a hub for Heretic, yesterday and on skill 3 there are 4 Afrits located straight ahead from the spawn point, at around:
X: -1014
Y: -718
Z: 157

These normally have TID 6, I checked with the "info" and "monster" commands. As soon as I get in their line of sight or wake them up by shooting them their TID has a chance to corrupt and these will remain in their spawn state indefinitely.