Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - NEW! Release v1.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jazzmaster9

Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - NEW! Release v1.1

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Jazzmaster Presents

The Expansion to Abysm2: Infernal Contract is here!

Abysm 2: Spirit Falcon is an Expansion for the GZDoom mod Abysm 2: Infernal Contract. Includes a new singleplayer Campaign with new Weapons, Monsters and Quests.

The Prized possession of the leader of the Satsuma Clan, The Spirit Falcon, has been stolen by the Rival Yanagi Clan.
Nadia, Mercenary of Iron and Demon Slayer of Hadria, travels to the Kingdom of Kiyoshi and is tasked to recover the stolen heirloom so it may be returned to its rightful owner.
What dangers does the Yanagi territory hide?

Before Playing be sure you have the latest version of Abysm 2: Infernal Contract available HERE
also I recommend to not load this alongside other mods so that things don't break.

HOW TO RUN
• Spirit Falcon requires the Latest version Abysm 2: Infernal Contract and atleast GZDoom 4.2.4 or above to run.
• You will need to load the Expansion – Spirit Falcon.pk3 AFTER Abysm 2 - Infernal Contract.pk3, using a Launcher of your choice.
  • You may also select both files and then Drag and Drop Abysm 2: Infernal Contract.pk3 to GZDoom.exe to ensure it is loaded First Before the expansion.
• If it loads successfully you will see a New Green Title Screen with no Errors.

Feedback and Suggestion during the public Beta is highly encouraged and will help makes this a better product for final release.

This Expansion Features:
Spoiler:
Before Playing be sure you have the latest version of Abysm 2: Infernal Contract available HERE
Dropbox
ModDB

Mirror:
Mediafire

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Music
Music will be composed by cast of talented and creative people, including industry legend Lee Jackson.
Primeval, Eric Freeman, Ward Hale, Harrison Engstrom, Velvetic, Immorpher, Luke Jansen and Lee Jackson all lend their creative minds to compose the music for the mod.
Last edited by jazzmaster9 on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - Public Beta v1

Post by Captain J »

Once again, really brilliant job making the new expansion of Abysm! This expansion is nicely oriental and immersive. Enemies now do take advantages of each map so you'll have to act like a ninja, sense like a ninja and fight like a ninja. This is by far the challenging expansion i ever played. But in a good way!
Spoiler: IDMYPOS is on, and big Spoilers.
Also holy smokes, Lee Jackson?? Good for you! It's amazing to hear that veteran composer like him contributed awesome musics for the expansion.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Very impressive. Just getting into it but it's very good so far.

A few things I've spotted.

I get this spammed to the screen and console a lot: ACS: 'JPHUD_DontShowHealth': Unknown actor class.

I've seen this too: Divide by zero in script "xp_gain"

I run with developer mode on 2, so that may be relevant.

Also, this sector is about 8 units higher than the surrounding floors buts doesn't have any lower side defs. So it looks a bit HOM-y.

The effect is visible from both ends and from inside the building.

It actually looks like you went from 2D mode in DoomBuilder, to 3D mode and accidentally pressed whatever key or control (e.g. mousewheel) you have bound to "raise floor" by accident and didn't realise that you'd done it. At least, I've done that loads of times because Zoom in 2D mode and raise floor in 3D mode are both bound to mousewheel.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

HOT FIX Uploaded
- Fixed the dialogue for Scholar Koji that potentially softlocks the game during Quest 4
- Fixed the Stormweaver not being able to alert enemies
- Fixed geometry Bugs in "Narita Estate" and "Narita Castle"
- Fixed the Sentinel Stuck in "Yanagi Castle"
Spoiler:
- Fixed Typo Errors
jazzmaster9

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - Public Beta v1 HOT FI

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Update Uploaded:
- Fixed Death pit in the overworld that did not Do damage
- Fixed Iron Key Swit h in "Narita Castle" that did not correctly check for a key
- Fixed Tags for "berserker Growler" and "Spectral Goblin" to show their special tags
Spoiler:
jazzmaster9

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - Public Beta v1.2

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Update Uploaded: 

- Added new Title music by PRIMEVAL
- Fixed script trigger for the Soul Chamber to show "Dropped Mana will remain indefinitely".
Spoiler:
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Hello :P Yes this mod is still alive and Beta is still on going, Feedback and Suggestions are still welcome.

Here's an update on what's to come for the next update which was Posted on my Twitter page.
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

I liked the video and subscribed to the channel! :)
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

A New Update!
Public Beta (RC2)

- Changed Water color saturation to have better visibility.
- Added 2 New Mini-bosses:
Spoiler:
- More Ambient noises added in the overworld.
- More fixes with grammar and typos.
- Minor texturing changes in various areas.
Jblade

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - Public Beta v2

Post by Jblade »

Just played through it, really enjoyed it - I didn't find all the secrets but I did find a fair few hidden levels
Spoiler:
- the penultimate level in the fortress was really great, made me very glad I put together the hive weapon.
Spoiler:
Level design is also solid, the vistas on display sometimes are really good.

The only issue I found was on the level with the bridge that you need to grab a key to open and cross; I could bypass the lock by walking along the sides of the building. Not a huge issue since the key's not very far away anyway.
jazzmaster9

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - Release v1.0

Post by jazzmaster9 »

It's finally here Abysm 2: Spirit Falcon release v1.0

- Removed Railing in building exterior of the main keep in "Narita Castle" to prevent possible out of bounds skip
Spoiler:
- More Typo Correction
blakecasimir

Post by blakecasimir »

Stuck. Moved onto Quest 2, looking for Satsuki in the swamps, but he's not there. Only the sign, pressing on which asks if I want to travel to Satsuki and another map. Doing this does so, and brings the player to Satsuki, but when talking to him, the only options available are to travel back to the swamps or buy things from him. Bug?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

blakecasimir wrote:Stuck. Moved onto Quest 2, looking for Satsuki in the swamps, but he's not there. Only the sign, pressing on which asks if I want to travel to Satsuki and another map. Doing this does so, and brings the player to Satsuki, but when talking to him, the only options available are to travel back to the swamps or buy things from him. Bug?
Spoiler:
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

Thanks for this awesome project!
I love it! :rock:

:D :D :D
jazzmaster9

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Spirit Falcon - NEW! Release v1.1

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Abysm 2: Spirit Falcon - Release 1.1 is now available

- New Track for the final boss, Composed by PRIMEVAL
- Added Torches in Gun Fort Ridge for better aesthetics and navigation
- Fixed the dialoged function for Bounties so that it doesn't close each time you claim a bounty
- Fixed Textures for Narita Estate
- Fixed Torches in Yanagi Castle's Gatehouse to block a potential camp spot
- More Typo Correction

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”