DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES (REDUX RERELEASE)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

Post by m1lk »

very cool. 2nd map is kind of the pain though, the woods keeps on kicking my ass
Joblez_I
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES (REDUX RERELEASE)

Post by Joblez_I »

I decided to come back and do some cleanup on this mod as I am now working on a sequel and felt the need to fix some inconsistencies in the plot. Dead Men Tell no Tales was my first remotely successful attempt at storytelling and worldbuilding, and as such, the original was littered with this weird, vague dialogue and lore. It felt detached and cartoonish, separate from the game as opposed to uplifting it. Now that I've come back to it, I decided to clean up a lot of the presentation and make a more compelling story. Here's the changelog!

12/26/21 REDUX Update:
-Updated music tracks, particularly in the latter half of the mod
-New Player Sprites
-Better visual clarity (switches are lit up, the forest is brighter, etc.)
-Bug fixes (fixed broken geometry, missing textures, incorrect sound implementation)
-Completely rewritten dialogue and notes (the original was filled with typos and weird, vague language)
-Updated code, featuring updated visual effects and weapon bug fixes
-Balancing fixes (enemies are slightly faster, the boss fight is more difficult, the assault rifle holds less ammo to make more weapons viable)
EmerphiS

Re: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES (REDUX RERELEASE)

Post by EmerphiS »

Is there a possibility to play the mod with other wads? It looks quite good and I love the weapons, it would be great to play it with wads like heretic or blood maps, etc.

and apologies if it was something out of place considering that it already has history and maps.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”