[p33] Reelism 2 - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Techokami
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] Reelism 2

Post by Techokami »

undeadmonk354 wrote:I have two questions to ask,
1. Are the Quake monsters fully 3D models in this game?
And 2. Are there any new bosses, including a Quake themed boss?
1. All sprites! Cherno did the Ogre, the others came from OSJC's Heretic mod with permission.
2. As of the time of this writing, there are two bosses implemented, one of which is new. I have plans for a few more new bosses as well. Also, how would you do a Quake boss? Cthon was a thing you killed with mechanisms in the terrain and Shub Niggurath was a static object to telefrag... Quake had no other boss monsters aside from those two.
EddieMann wrote:(and adopt the Lost Episodes assets, since those haven't been used yet).
*looks at Lost Episodes' ghost enemy, then at Reelism 1's World's Most Boringest Ghost boss*
You sure about that claim? :wink:
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I haven't been super active on the forums as of late, but I wanted to pop in and add that I'm a minor member of the dev team and to definitely expect some exciting RETROTASTIC screenshots of a map I'm working on in the future.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Kudos for your awesome progress and such, team. The sequels gonna be super fun and yet fair, finally. But yeah, even more enemies and bosses to interact with would be nice.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Techokami wrote:Quake had no other boss monsters aside from those two.
It did in the mission packs.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

Also, are there any new maps in Reelism 2?
Techokami
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Techokami »

undeadmonk354 wrote:Also, are there any new maps in Reelism 2?
Yes, every map is new! Even maps like Gutrot Island, which Kinsie is remaking from scratch.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

About the closest thing to an "old map" in Reelism 2 so far is Flesh Palace, which is the same base geometry with a couple of tweaks and adjustments and a massive reskin to resemble Doom Eternal if you kinda-sorta squint a little bit.

Every other returning map so far has been completely rebuilt from the ground-up, since we know a lot more about building stuff for the engine now than we did back then and the tools have improved beyond what we could have imagined.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Totally neat to see something new about Flesh Palace. It having rather plenty of safe spaces and the tight size were not of a big hitter like what... Brr, Abridged did. Hope it can be more challenging and hazardous.

Also am i seeing the Eye of Sauron? :O
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

There are new Jackpots and Map specific 9-9-9 jackpots?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

undeadmonk354 wrote:There are new Jackpots and Map specific 9-9-9 jackpots?
We haven't reimplemented jackpots yet. Since slots no longer have numbers assigned to them, the old way of getting them is no longer relevant. There's gonna be another way... but that's a story for another time.

The 9-9-9 jackpot effect will, of course, return.
eltiolavara9

Post by eltiolavara9 »

are the bosses gonna be stronger? in reelism 1 most of the bosses kinda had this problem where they were basically just a stronger regular enemy, and also they were pretty cheesable
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

cough cough ms. the jerk cough cough
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

So exactly how much interface fuckery can we expect from this mod? Ouch_M set the standard pretty nicely.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Techokami wrote:
undeadmonk354 wrote:I have two questions to ask,
1. Are the Quake monsters fully 3D models in this game?
And 2. Are there any new bosses, including a Quake themed boss?
1. All sprites! Cherno did the Ogre, the others came from OSJC's Heretic mod with permission.
2. As of the time of this writing, there are two bosses implemented, one of which is new. I have plans for a few more new bosses as well. Also, how would you do a Quake boss? Cthon was a thing you killed with mechanisms in the terrain and Shub Niggurath was a static object to telefrag... Quake had no other boss monsters aside from those two.
EddieMann wrote:(and adopt the Lost Episodes assets, since those haven't been used yet).
*looks at Lost Episodes' ghost enemy, then at Reelism 1's World's Most Boringest Ghost boss*
You sure about that claim? :wink:
I-I meant to reskin and resound the base Wolf3D nazis and guns with the Lost Episodes variants!
Miru

Post by Miru »

I can't believe that Reelism's getting a refined sequel! I like the concept of totally redoing the game but keeping the same spirit. I think Grease is the Word should leave, or alternatively come with a slight boon (enhanced fire damage?)

I have some ideas for new Reels to add:

* A Reel full of Cacodemon variants (who whimper like dogs when burn)
* A Reel devoted to female enemies from FPS, like the Female Warriors from Shadow Warrior.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”