[p33] Reelism 2 - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [p17] Reelism 2 - v0.64 - Paradise Plaza Map Added!

Post by Kinsie »

Hi! We've found and fixed the cause. However, I'm currently hundreds of miles away from my Sick Modding Rig, and as such I may not be able to put out a hotfix until next week.

In the meantime, the cause is the Ghost's teleport sequence entering an infinite loop when there's too many walls between you and it, so try and avoid playing Clockwork Solarium until I can sort this out. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Kinsie

Re: [p17] Reelism 2 - v0.64 - Paradise Plaza Map Added!

Post by Kinsie »

Version 0.65 "Early Excess"
Now available at https://reelism.dog/

Sorry for the delay, hopefully this new Slot 1 reel Shadsy snuck in cushions the blow.
SLOTS:
  • Added Wingin' It! Monsters gain the power of flight, complete with a pair of wings.
MAPS:
  • Clockwork Solarium: Added some battlements to the entrance courtyard.
  • Clockwork Solarium: Cleaned up the automap.
WEAPONS:
  • Basketball: Fixed a bug preventing the player from dunking on airborne monsters.
  • Clustersucker: Fixed a rare bug where clusterbomb fragments wouldn't award points to the player under certain conditions.

MONSTERS:
  • Quake Zombies: Fixed a bug that caused Zombies to do huuuge damage.
  • Quake Zombies: Improved fire death animation.
  • Dogs from the netherworld will no longer turn invisible when hit by the Persuadertron.
BOSSES:
  • WMBG: Fixed a crash caused by an infinite loop when WMBG teleported into a wall.
MISC:
  • Added Corpse Pileup option to disable corpse cleanup, if you want that.
  • More endgame tips and lies.
  • Fixed a mistake in the debug text for loading slots.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [p18] Reelism 2 - v0.65 - Paradise Plaza Hotfix + Wingin

Post by namsan »

I really love that some enemies resist a certain type of attacks, like flame mages resist fire attacks, ice mages resist ice attacks, and so on.
It's a nice detail and makes the combat bit more interesting.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Now that the assets for Super 3D Pig Feeder are out, can we possibly expect any of that stuff to make their way in here, like a boss, weaponset, mob, or anything? Y'know, to commemorate Flash.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

EddieMann wrote:Now that the assets for Super 3D Pig Feeder are out, can we possibly expect any of that stuff to make their way in here, like a boss, weaponset, mob, or anything? Y'know, to commemorate Flash.
Not something I have planned right now. I do have the WADs for a couple of other "reskins of Mike's Adobe Alchemy-based port of vanilla Doom to Flash" games that I've somehow collated over the years, though, so maybe something will happen with that if I can find a good reason.

Meanwhile, we've started work on the next major release, so I thought I'd share one of the big new features we're working on.

Introducing the Jackpot Dice! When rolled, this item pauses the round timer and hovers menacingly in the air, emanating several beams of light. After a few seconds it resets the round timer and triggers a Jackpot effect! Yeah, since slots don't have numbers associated with them anymore, this is how you get jackpots now. Don't worry, they'll appear on your HUD just like normal slots, so you'll at least have an idea of how exactly you've just screwed yourself over. You might be able to find the Dice as a very rare item drop from a Crate Shower, but it's more likely that you'll want to find another way. Maybe an old "friend" who moved into Town recently has some ideas...?

Here's some of the Jackpots we've implemented so far:

Gameplay Video on Twitter
IT'S ALIVE!: Turns your character into Frankenstein. Or Frankenstein's monster. Whatever. Point is, you're big, heavy, invulnerable, slow, more damaging, and cause a damaging earthquake when you land on the ground.

Gameplay Video on YouTube
Lockdown: Hey, you know that Slot 1 effect you have currently active? Well, I hope it's something nice like the double damage powerup, or at least relatively harmless like the pixel filter, because it's now active for the rest of the game, alongside whatever Slot 1 effect is rolled on subsequent rounds!

Gameplay Screenshot on Imgur
Triple Play: Three Slot 1 effects are active at the same time for the rest of the round! Complete with a funny mashed up name. Could be good! Could be a nightmare! Probably a nightmare. I wouldn't put money against it.

Gameplay Video on YouTube
Grab Bag: Every single weapon, item and monster in the mod starts spawning. At the same time. Yes, potentially including THE JERK, who admittedly is way easier to avoid when you have a Jetpack, extra life, Super Plasma Rifle and a ton of Panic Buttons up your sleeve. A lot of things become less of a concern at that point, TBH.

------------

This isn't the only thing we've been working on, naturally. We've got a few things on the boil, including, shockingly, some stuff that makes the game easier! The update is quite a ways away, but I'll drop a few things here and on Tweeter as we make them.
undeadmonk354

Re: [p18] Reelism 2 - v0.65 - Status Report (Jackpots!)

Post by undeadmonk354 »

Agent 999 is also a Jackpot, correct?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

undeadmonk354 wrote:Agent 999 is also a Jackpot, correct?
Yes, as always it executes map script 999, effectively making it a map-specific Jackpot.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

What happens during a boss round? Can the dice still be thrown then, or does it become 'locked'?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Beed28 wrote:What happens during a boss round? Can the dice still be thrown then, or does it become 'locked'?
Dice can only be thrown during a normal round. During boss rounds or minigames you'll just get an log message.

That's not to say that Boss rounds go completely unaffected, as Lockdown can carry Slot 1 reel effects into boss rounds quite happily. You thought Maulotaurs were bad before, what about when Wingin' It's in effect and they can fly?
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

We gonna see some aRe Oh double-Tee mobs and blasters down the line, sometime?
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

Are we going to see some Metadoom WolfensteinSS replacement enemies and Hell-forge Sharks on the field, maybe?
Miru

Post by Miru »

I have an idea for the Flash game reel’s name: “Johnny Tested”, a wink to one of the most infamous Flash-animated series out there. I also like the dialogue trees, and suggest that the man in the picnic area should have a pause/“just a sec” option like with the Imp.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

I got an idea for a reel: "Thy olden days of modding", it spawns enemies from the old Doom mods and tcs as they try to hunt you down.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

this mod is brilliant! having a lot of fun and laughs with this one! :mrgreen:
Craftsdwarf
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craftsdwarf »

Amazing mod.
It would be perfect if it supported multiplayer!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”