Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p9 PSX

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:57 am

It has been a while since I played the real Doom 64, so I do not remember what the switch is for. Is it only to get the Unmaker to spawn?

Slightly off-topic: I do not know if you got the email I sent you a while back when I was still banned from this forum, but if not, I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your work! :thumb:

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p11 PS

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:41 pm

PSX Update

Changes in Version 1.2

• Fixed several broken switches in maps 42, 47, 52 and 90
  • Fixed two Imps stuck on ledges in MAP79.
  • Fixed text screens lacking music/narration and having bad text wrapping

EDIT: Reuploaded to fix an oopsie where the titlemap wouldn't play the credits music.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 am

Oh hey, this is very welcome, I noticed a bunch of broken switches playing through this just a week or two ago!
Is there any plans to make a Consolation Prize add-on of the "Lost Levels" set?

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Thank you for this!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:22 am

Recently beat all the maps of Doom 64 version. The atmosphere was great and was less foggy, but i've seen some weird glitches and errors people already might've seen and informed. But i tried to find more issues as possible.
Spoiler: Unf

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:10 am

Thanks for the reports. I've fixed the security cameras and missing text strings. As with your PSX bug, I was unable to reproduce the ABS05 bug.

As for the OUT09 Spiderdemon, that's a spawn for a Mother Demon, which is quite a bit smaller. If a gameplay mod doesn't stipulate a Motherdemon replacement, a Spiderdemon will spawn, which may have awkward results. Sadly, I wasn't able to change the actor's radius in ACS, so I can't add safety measures to prevent this.

I'll work on the intermissions in a sec.

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:25 am

Wait, so if I define an actor named Motherdemon, or make an actor that Replaces Motherdemon, then that will actually work and spawn with this mapset?

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:00 am

Kinsie wrote:As with your PSX bug, I was unable to reproduce the ABS05 bug.
Thanks for the reply! It seems quite crystal clear that old settings like mine? Could corrupt the script of certain maps. I've done resetting my settings and now all the script problems are solved.

And as for OUT09's spawning issue, maybe make the Spider Mastermind spawn in the mid-air to avoid being stuck, or replace her into another boss monster that is Baron of Hell? Make the map a bit more larger even. I understand that such measures would ruin the originality, but as long as it fixes the gameplay and makes it less awkward.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:13 am

N64 Update

Changes in Version 1.6
  • D64 Options menu is now visible on Simplified Options Menu
  • Fixed being stuck when using a security camera in ABS02, OUT03, OUT04
  • Fixed missing text string in the TC levels for Doors and Objects Opened Elsewhere.
  • Fixed overlapping text with default bigfont in Intermissions
  • Added additional "fake item" actors used in TC maps

Re: Consolation Prize: Console TCs for Gameplay Mods (p11 N6

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:37 am

Excellent! I can confirm that all issues have been corrected, at least when playing vanilla. :thumb:

With QC:DE, however, only the secret BFG in MAP29 appears to have been fixed; MAP15's Soulsphere puzzle is still broken and in MAP31, QC:DE's Megasphere spawns on top of the fake vanilla Megasphere, but getting it will not make the fake vanilla Megasphere disappear nor does it not count as a secret. Oh well.

Thanks for the patch anyway. I guess I will just have to refrain from playing this mapset with QC:DE.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:23 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Excellent! I can confirm that all issues have been corrected, at least when playing vanilla. :thumb:

With QC:DE, however, only the secret BFG in MAP29 appears to have been fixed; MAP15's Soulsphere puzzle is still broken and in MAP31, QC:DE's Megasphere spawns on top of the fake vanilla Megasphere, but getting it will not make the fake vanilla Megasphere disappear nor does it not count as a secret. Oh well.

Thanks for the patch anyway. I guess I will just have to refrain from playing this mapset with QC:DE.

but is it beatable with QCDE though?

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:28 pm

Well, no, because as I said, QC:DE seems to break the Soulsphere puzzle in MAP15, which is required to get the Blue Skull key and regain access to the teleporter out of the room. :?

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:35 pm

i'm getting an error message whenever i try & play the Doom 64: CP version. something about the options menu simple is not an option that can be extended

Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:26 am

I'm loving the Doom 64 maps. Completed the main campaign and currently taking on the Outcast levels.

I do have one problem.

On MAP29: Outpost Omega, the Unmaker secret won't trigger. From my understanding, it would spawn the BFG-9000 (or whatever replaces the BFG with whatever mod you play this map pack with) instead once you trigger the switch but it doesn't seem to spawn normally.

I tested this with both Nobody Told Me About ID v0.4.9 and Embers of Armageddon. It works fine when just playing the map pack alone, but gameplay mods seem to make the Unmaker secret unobtainable (unless you noclip).

Edit 01: This is my load order:
mod load order (d64 + ntmai).png

Edit 02: The same can be said for the Megasphere secret in OUT08: Derelict. I triggered/extinguished all the candles in the map (in no particular order, from what I can understand) and went to where the Megasphere should spawn but it's not there. (Same as before, played through OUT08 with Nobody Told Me About ID v0.4.9.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 16, 2021 10:54 am

I noticed an error when playing with MAP30 of Doom 64: After you get the yellow key, the switch that reveals the exit doesn't appear. This bug happens when you play the map with Brutal Doom v21 or a mod derived from it.