Re: Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC! (MARCH 2021 UPDATE!!!)

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:23 am

One of them babies will grow quick and act their age... I mean literally! Can't wait to see how it works.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:01 pm

Captain J wrote:One of them babies will grow quick and act their age... I mean literally! Can't wait to see how it works.

I can't wait too ^^
I'm still studying his behaviour to know how should they work

Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:26 am

And making doom-friendly sprites of big baby might be a bit challenging, though. But i hope you finish it somehow! Only first rotation would work, methinks. Also i recently played March 2021 update and i really like the new map!
Spoiler: During the gameplay i've spotted some odd spot and would like to share them.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:34 am

Captain J wrote:And making doom-friendly sprites of big baby might be a bit challenging, though. But i hope you finish it somehow! Only first rotation would work, methinks. Also i recently played March 2021 update and i really like the new map!
Spoiler: During the gameplay i've spotted some odd spot and would like to share them.

"At this map, the treetop prop floats after being cut off by the chainsaw guy. Is this tree ghost too?"
- All the treetops in the original ZAMN floated even after being destroyed, it could be probably improved, but it's not a priority at the moment.

"Some cracked wall textures might need to be recolored."
- Yeah I know

"So i'm seeing the doppelgangers but they're exactly like zombies but a bit faster. I expected them to imitate you, like shooting water gun or something."
- I actually thought about adding this , in the original the tried to mimic the player movement and direction sometimes, but this wouldn't work in first person and even if it is doable it wouldn't be the same due to the change of perspective. Making them shooting the water gun could be added at some point to continue this intention but I was doubting if it would be out of character or not.

"I see some flat props and all. I know that the TC is still in WIP but i'd like to see them interactive!"
- They are going to! ^^
When I finish making their voxels they are going to be interactable

"I picked up some money and gold items around the map. But for some reason they don't grant me point or anything. What's the purpose?"
That's odd, they are exactly points , 50 and 100 respectively I might have to check that out.

And thanks for trying the latest demo! ^^

UPDATE: @Captain J yes, actually the ScorePoints where not giving Score Points , it's fixed now ! ^^

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:27 am

Titanic Toddler in the works!
Screenshot_Doom_20210406_054440.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:57 am

New Demo on my Patreon! ^^

Thanks to "ThePixelPigeon" for the new sprites for the Titanic Toddler c:

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:11 pm

Nice to see the progress is smooth and all but that baby sure has a lot of health! Also Snakeoid and Dr. Tongue's final form would look nice in first person as well.

Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Captain J wrote:Nice to see the progress is smooth and all but that baby sure has a lot of health!

Yeah, the health is to compensate the change between a single stick shooter to a twin stick shooter.
In the original game the health is lower but at the same time it is harder to hit him because you can only shoot where you are looking at and usually that implies that the baby is already running at you to stomp you.

In a twin stick shooter this wouldn't be as much of a challenge because you could move and aim freely, and making it FPS this makes it essentialy a twin stick shooter as well, so his health was buffed to compensate that fact, as I was getting feedback with previous versions that he was too easy to deal with. :/

Captain J wrote:Also Snakeoid and Dr. Tongue's final form would look nice in first person as well.

Yeah ^^ those new sprites where made by "ThePixelPigeon" , hopefully he can help in the future with the other bosses as well, because his work is incredible