Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VGA

Re: Wolfenstein 3DGE

Post by VGA »

I fully played through this mod a few years ago. I think it is the best and most fun way to experience Wolf3D from start to finish. It has all the episodes, too! :wub:
CeeJay

Re: Wolfenstein 3DGE (new videos p.11)

Post by CeeJay »

The list of changes for the upcoming version keeps growing.

Here's what to expect:
Spoiler:
CeeJay

Re: Wolfenstein 3DGE (new videos p.11)

Post by CeeJay »

Version 1.1 now available for download 8-)

https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3dge/downloads
brick
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wolfenstein 3DGE (version 1.1 now available)

Post by brick »

I recently found this, and was super happy about it. I played Wolf3D and SoD a lot when I was young, but I never played Second Encounter, and it seems ports of this one are quite rare (especially of the Jaguar version). I saw a couple of pages back that there were mentions of stand-alone patches to make things more in line with the Mac and Jaguar versions, but I can't for the life of me find downloads for these patches, either here or on the ModDB link. Am I being really stupid or are these patches not publicly available?

On a perhaps related note, I noticed some differences between descriptions of how Second Encounter works, and how things actually work in WolfEdge. Treasure is supposed to work like health potions in Doom, but here only gives Points. The One-Up is supposed to work like a Soulsphere but gives ammo instead. Are these deliberate deviations, changes that are supposed to be made by the patches that I can't find, or did I simply misunderstand how Jaguar Wolf3D works?
CeeJay

Re: Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

Post by CeeJay »

The mod is being rebuild from the ground up with the engine swapped to EDGE-Classic (viewtopic.php?t=74186) which allows for many additional modding capabilities and features such as IMF music support (sort of), Lives and Score, improved customization of menus/HUD/texts, etc.

The mod will be released in two versions, a standard mimicking the PC original and a HD version with the higher res sprites, walls and graphics and higher quality sound effects.

And due to the change of engine the name will be changed also.

Links to more videos can be found in the first post.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”