Shadow Warrior Total Conversion 12 maps well done!!!!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Shadow Warrior Total Conversion 12 maps well done!!!!

Post by Assassin of Purity »

Lex Safonov wrote:
Louco Diamante wrote:The weapons and maps are amazing! I realy love it! What is your next plans for your mod?
Convert All original single maps and addons maps)
That sounds like a wonderful idea.
BFG

Post by BFG »

if there is any limitations that cannot be done in the doom engine then I hope we can come up with an alternative to give a similar impression, rather than not have it at all.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

BFG wrote:if there is any limitations that cannot be done in the doom engine then I hope we can come up with an alternative to give a similar impression, rather than not have it at all.
I don't think Doom would have limitations thanks to GZDoom.
Josko

Post by Josko »

I'm trying to Edit the Source ACS code, but I don't have the ShadowWarrior Library! How can I get it? Does the author only have that? Can I have it? Otherwise what's the point to give the source when you can't compile it anyway...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Eyup! Well done indeed! This is by far the most correct, retrospective and exciting recreation of Shadow Warrior ever. Weapons and the mechanics acts the same and i... I really can drive the Vehicles? In GZDoom? I'm so shocked. Had some fun time driving the Forklift! I hope you could work on the rest of the Episodes and maps. It's so promising already!

However... I saw some awkward moments and glitches that certainly not happened in the Original Game. I would like to share my very own feedback here as well, but i won't because this one's pretty long. So i might PM you!

EDIT: I just send you the Message. Hope you read it!
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rayman The Hedgehog

Post by Rayman The Hedgehog »

I hope this stills on the road, this is the perfect demostration of porting a game with a advanced engine into Gzdoom.

Pd: Redneck Rampage when? :D
VGA

Post by VGA »

I absolutely need to play this when it's more finished! I am posting so I can find the thread later lol
tacticalcraptical

Post by tacticalcraptical »

Am I missing something? I am trying to play this and in the first level I cannot get back into the baggage vents. I have watched a video on Youtube of someone playing it and they just jump right into the vent but the only way I can get back in is to use the console to cheat and fly and then crouch to get into them.
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

tacticalcraptical wrote:Am I missing something? I am trying to play this and in the first level I cannot get back into the baggage vents. I have watched a video on Youtube of someone playing it and they just jump right into the vent but the only way I can get back in is to use the console to cheat and fly and then crouch to get into them.
You aren't alone; I had the same issue. Took me lots of attempts and was being a bit janky but I eventually got in there. Try holding crouch while jumping on top of the little green bag on the floor which will give you a slight boost. Jumping off the side of the baggage carousel didn't work for me. Otherwise an amazingly well put together mod. Controls and responsiveness feel even better than the original or the classic redux! Clearly a lot of love put into this.
tacticalcraptical

Post by tacticalcraptical »

You aren't alone; I had the same issue. Took me lots of attempts and was being a bit janky but I eventually got in there. Try holding crouch while jumping on top of the little green bag on the floor which will give you a slight boost. Jumping off the side of the baggage carousel didn't work for me. Otherwise an amazingly well put together mod. Controls and responsiveness feel even better than the original or the classic redux! Clearly a lot of love put into this.[/quote]

Thanks that helped. This mod is super impressive. I actually came across this when trying to play Shadow Warrior Redux which just felt way off, it was way floaty. This feels really tight. I know it's not 1:1 but it just feels way better to play than SW in DOSBox and Redux.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Hey, so I made a personal version of the mod that is weapons only. Would it be okay if I were to upload it on the forum?
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

can someone make a monser and weapons only mod? so we can use them in all levels
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ShadowWarriorBackup IS the monsters+weapons only mod, so you don't have to rip them off by yourself. You just have to drag all 3 wads for full experience.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

btw, when are we getting a Levels only version of the mod? so we can play any weapon mod with the shadow warrior mapset?
Duke91
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Duke91 »

I'm getting a script error on dark woods of the serpent level (P_STARTSCRIPT: UNKNOWN SCRIPT 0): https://imgur.com/a/RGpntgB

Is there a way to fix it?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”