Re: Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am

It's been a few days since I had to update:
  • The DamNum color caused by ice damage was darkened some because it seemed to look too much like the default damage color of gray or white.
  • The Forge cannon targets should be a bit easier to see.
  • A couple of new monsters needed a bit of minor fixing, though I doubt anyone noticed any problems with them.
  • Added a section to a certain room, which should contain something nifty.
  • Fixed a couple of text typos.
  • The entrances to the Library and Citadel maps will now open automatically when you get close to them rather than by walking up and using them.

Updated link on first post.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:04 am

Hey, could you maybe add an option to choose which hub you want to start from? Or is there a console command to start me from the 3rd one?

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 am

Thanks once again, is it still compatible with savegames of previous version from 9th March?

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:24 am

Probably not, unless you're not in the third hub yet.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:23 pm

A new update, this one focusing mostly on the Forge:

• Fixed the switch in the "power up" room (for lack of a better term) so that it can't be used more than once. Nothing broke if you did, but now you won't be hearing the switch sound again if you tried to use it more than once.
  • The bars in that same room will now reopen a little later on rather than by that switch.
  • The main Forge mechanism will now light up once it's activated so you can actually see what's going on.
  • Fixed a texture glitch in that area that I only noticed once I could see it
  • Adjusted the bloodscourge (powered up) to cut down on the lag

Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:42 am

Here comes a new update with quite a few changes:

• Added 12 new maps. Most of them were old '90s Doom maps converted to Hexen.
  • All enemies now have three times their normal health and do three times the damage.
  • All weapons have now been combined into a single slot, which has been moved to the - key on the numpad.
  • Player can now only hold 5 of a certain item of a time.
  • It is now required for you to log into your bethesda.net account for this game to function.
  • All gargoyles have been replaced by other enemies, all from Tenebrum. The red ones are now the trixtress, the blue ones are the shadow succubus, and the green ones are the gray widow.
  • Replaced the devil with the hell wasp
  • Added lootboxes
  • All maps now have a thick fog that alternates between neon pink, lime, orange, and turquoise every few seconds.
  • Player's maximum health has been reduced to 30 and maximum mana for all types has been reduced to 50
  • Removed Herobrine
  • Carrying more than one total item will now slow down the player by 5% for each item that you have.
  • Removed all naturally occurring or dropped coins. The only way to get coins now is to purchase them online.
  • All music has been replaced by a random Japanese pop song.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:00 am

Lol. Happy april fools!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:34 am

Another update which fixes a couple of minor bugs:
  • Reversed most of the changes in the previous update.
  • Fixed a problem with the Redeemer and a few monsters.
  • Changed the initial floor in the cistern to solid ice instead of thin ice to cut down on lag somewhat if you used a torch before using the switch there.
  • Fixed a bit of text in the normal sized hud.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:20 pm

I'm currently playing the mod with a friend to who I've shown the mod many years ago and we are at hub3, and it's the one we are enjoyining more! we loved also the cemetery easter egg :)
at the moment we are in the grand library but we can't find the last book with the "X", we explored the entire level, can I ask you where is it? maybe around the hub?

Plus, I've always seen the d sparil battle of the previous hub but never managed to find the heart to begin it, we found a book telling that was under a castle but, did we miss something?

Oh, except for the coins (some were despawning, some not, but we have been honest) worked almost flawlessy in coop so far! just some little issue getting back to the battle after respawn, when the doors sealed you inside, but nothing that a quick noclip couldn't solve :)

Thanks good job

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Colerx wrote:I'm currently playing the mod with a friend to who I've shown the mod many years ago and we are at hub3, and it's the one we are enjoyining more! we loved also the cemetery easter egg :)
at the moment we are in the grand library but we can't find the last book with the "X", we explored the entire level, can I ask you where is it? maybe around the hub?

Plus, I've always seen the d sparil battle of the previous hub but never managed to find the heart to begin it, we found a book telling that was under a castle but, did we miss something?

Oh, except for the coins (some were despawning, some not, but we have been honest) worked almost flawlessy in coop so far! just some little issue getting back to the battle after respawn, when the doors sealed you inside, but nothing that a quick noclip couldn't solve :)

Thanks good job

The coins and the puzzle item problem is the main reason why this was meant for single player (you can only hold one of a certain item at a time, and that item doesn't despawn except for dropped items).

Now then, as for the X book, it's in the observatory (that area with all the giant crystals). You went one way to hit the puzzle switch, but the book is on the other size.

And the Heart of D'Sparil is in the first hub. You need to find the rusted key and then go into the secret map to find it.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:19 am

Ichor wrote:
Now then, as for the X book, it's in the observatory (that area with all the giant crystals). You went one way to hit the puzzle switch, but the book is on the other size.

And the Heart of D'Sparil is in the first hub. You need to find the rusted key and then go into the secret map to find it.

Thanks, damn we found the rusted key but we crossed the end-hub portal before using it, then we forgot about it and overwritten the savegame :( , maybe could be useful to include a "point of no return" alert?

oh thanks for the tip. We will continue then! :)

EDIT: Just had a quick look, with the observatory you mean the tower with the puzzle switch and the elevator? and the devils? Because there was the "A" book. Honestly I can't find those giant crystals :(

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:27 am

Colerx wrote:
Ichor wrote:

Thanks, damn we found the rusted key but we crossed the end-hub portal before using it, then we forgot about it and overwritten the savegame :( , maybe could be useful to include a "point of no return" alert?

oh thanks for the tip. We will continue then! :)

EDIT: Just had a quick look, with the observatory you mean the tower with the puzzle switch and the elevator? and the devils? Because there was the "A" book. Honestly I can't find those giant crystals :(

I mean the place with the giant floating crystals (planets) and the big lava ball (sun) in the middle, and a circular walkway all over a pit.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:59 am

OHHH Finally found the missing switch! https://i.ibb.co/CV9gsD7/Screenshot-Hex ... 185309.jpg

PS: our most sincere congratulations for the black market, it's a stroke of genius,
we had fun in it for a long while, and maybe it distracted us a bit too much from the job :lol:

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:34 am

I think I like the slot machine the most, with the arena a close second. I saw the slot machine in starship.wad (too bad it doesn't work well in GZdoom for some reason) and wanted to make one for myself.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:30 am

A minor update this time, but I've been meaning to do this for a long time now, but I kept putting it off for more important things or forgetting it entirely.

• Rearranged a couple of rooms in the black market and opened that blocked passage, allowing quick access from the surface instead of going through a lot of the sewers to get there again.