Re: Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 pm

got it, thanks for replying!

yep I know the speed is the same as hexen, wich unfortunately became too slow for me after playing some mods like wrath of cronos. I like warrior/barbarian and meleeing around like bloodthirst :lol:

btw I'm sure that in coop mode gears as coins usable in the shop are disappearing once picked up, even the other player couldn't pick it up if the other dude has already did,
while the problem about not being able to carry more than one at a time yep, is still there.
oh, books to insert in the library are doing different, as you said they don't actually despawn.

Thanks anyway! also for your work

Cheers

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 pm

Alright, after looking into the BobStyle InverseSmooth, I decided to set all weapons to that. However, I did make some slight changes. I didn't like how the weapon bob blocked the bottom center of the screen, so I toned down the vertical bobbing to make it more horizontal and less vertical. I also increased the bobbing speed a little.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:04 am

Good! Thanks

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 am

And now the third hub is done. I'm confident that there shouldn't be any bugs, game breaking or otherwise.

Now then, on to hub 4.

Mega

Dropbox
Last edited by Ichor on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:12 am

Yoooo nice thank you!!!! Gonna replay it asap

Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:29 pm

Awesome! I've played a couple maps of hub 3, and it plays well from "pistol start". However, imo the Cleric's weapons all feel a bit too similar. Too many of the firing modes fulfill the same role of rapid-fire projectile. It would be more interesting if they were differentiated, so only the serpent staff filled that niche. Also, its hard to tell the Disciples apart from the Bishops.

Here are a couple missing textures in Korax's City: https://files.catbox.moe/y32s53.png https://files.catbox.moe/qlpfuq.png

Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:42 pm

whirledtsar wrote:Awesome! I've played a couple maps of hub 3, and it plays well from "pistol start". However, imo the Cleric's weapons all feel a bit too similar. Too many of the firing modes fulfill the same role of rapid-fire projectile. It would be more interesting if they were differentiated, so only the serpent staff filled that niche. Also, its hard to tell the Disciples apart from the Bishops.

Here are a couple missing textures in Korax's City: https://files.catbox.moe/y32s53.png https://files.catbox.moe/qlpfuq.png

That's odd. When I go to those two places, the textures show up just fine.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:47 am

Minor update:

• Added a bit more mana and changed a little bit of text for the last battle.

This shouldn't affect your savegame unless you've already made it as far as the last map. Updated links in first post.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:22 pm

• Further adjusted the final battle.
  • Fixed a minor graphical glitch in the Forge.

Updated link.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 pm

This should hopefully be the last update for a while.
  • Fixed a bug where the final boss would start attacking too early.
  • All other monsters will now die as soon as that battle is over.
Unfortunately, this will clobber your savegames, but if you're in the middle of a game and don't want to use this update, just don't shoot at the boss until the battle starts.

For the time being, I'll keep both links available.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Thanks once again

Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Due to an oversight somewhere, the wraithverge alt-fire (the ghosts) was not increased to match the health of most of the enemies, so it ended up being relatively weak. That has been fixed now.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:59 pm

So cool an update, I thought you would enjoy it.

• Toned down the difficulty of the cistern battle a bit.
  • Fixed a monster spawning issue in the main hub map. Monsters were randomly spawning first before the delay, so sometimes you might see a monster appear immediately when you first start the map. Also increased the respawn delay some.
  • Fixed a couple of minor book text errors.
  • Removed a few instances of some annoying enemies that only appear in the last few maps.
  • Made jumping on the conveyors in the Forge easier.
  • Increased the scale of most DamNum fonts, as they seemed to be kind of small.
  • A certain enemy will now drop something when it dies.

Updated links in first post.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:29 am

Yes definetly appreciated! thank you very much,

Btw I know I'm stubborn, since you already said no but really no chance to borrow just Timon's Axe (wich I noticed you have slighly speeded up from vanilla :) ) and Mace of Contrition just primary fire animations and sounds from Wrath of Cronos for example? (Gantlets are already good, just less smooth but it's ok :) ) Or maybe do you prefer vanilla style? just for understanding in case :)
Everything else is perfect as is, for me it's just the axe (and mace for who may use the cleric) that currently feels a bit unsatisfying (at least for me), but anyway it's just a suggestion even if I'm so insistent, really enjoying mod and very well worked, just wanted to fully enjoy it :D

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:53 pm

Alright, so after playtesting through it all again a few times, which took quite a while, I think I got rid of the bugs. There were still a couple of them (one of which went unnoticed for many years), but this update is more about getting the balance right. So anyway...
  • Fixed a line not being marked impassable which should have been.
  • Reduced the enemy fighter's damage.
  • Fixed a minor timing issue with the final battle.
  • Adjusted the balance of a few maps in regards to a couple of enemies (removed some, moved others around, etc.).
  • Adjusted the damage of the quietus alt-fire (unpowered) and bloodscourge alt-fire (both powered and unpowered).
  • Removed most of the dynamic lights from the powered bloodscourge alt-fire to cut down on lag.