Option to change amount of messsages on one page

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Apeirogon

Option to change amount of messsages on one page

Post by Apeirogon »

More specifically, to increase amount of messages, since I cant find such option in control panel.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Option to change amount of messsages on one page

Post by wildweasel »

If the setting doesn't already exist in phpBB somehow, we may need to locate a plugin or directly modify the forum software to enable anything like that. But you're sure it doesn't exist?
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Yes!? Even if there are such option, I dont have access to it.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

From what I have seen on various phpBB powered forums, looks like such option are not exist at all in default phpBB...package, or how it named.
I can see 10/15/20 messages on one topic page on different forums, without any possibility to change this amount to something else, to predefined 20/40/50/100 at least.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

It is a global setting for phpBB. Changing this means that a lot of self-referencing topics that reference page numbers immediately become invalidated and out of date. Seeing as how around 62% of the members who've ever made an account at some point haven't visited within the last year, that means a lot of people who won't be around to update their potentially out-of-date topics with this change.

To make things worse, this means that new topics will be changed to adapt to the new value, while still leaving the old ones out of date, making it impossible to find important things inside said topics.

So I'd rather leave it as it is.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”