Let HUD use square pixels without ignoring scale

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Let HUD use square pixels without ignoring scale

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Being able to define a HUD that always uses square pixels but does NOT ignore scaling options doesn't seem like a crazy idea. But currently it's basically impossible. If you use BeginHUD with forcescaled, it'll ignore both aspect ratio and scale.

I've been using hacky workarounds, such as having a wrapper for DrawImage that multiplies scale.y by 0.83333 when hud_aspectscale CVAR is true, but we can agree that's a little silly.

Y-stretching is annoying, and I'd really like an easy option to get rid of it without robbing the player of an ability to change the size of their HUD. I imagine this could be a new argument in BeginHUD.
Last edited by Jekyll Grim Payne on Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Let HUD use square pixels without ignoring scale

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

I just wanted to check if this hasn't gone under the radar, because I'd really love this to be addressed at some point (and I'm sure I'm not the only one). The hoops that need to be jumped through to get a non-stretched HUD are a bit too exessive right now, and it'd be great if this could be changed.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”