Player face in the ALTHUD

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Ultimate Freedoomer

Player face in the ALTHUD

Post by Ultimate Freedoomer »

Remember when I suggested that the ammo icons in the ALTHUD be fixed so they don't overlap the counter numbers? Well, I have another suggestion for something to add to the ALTHUD: the player face. I know this would be awkward when playing a game with no status bar face (which is presumably why it was left out to begin with), but here's what I've got so far:
  • For HeXen (& HeXen-specific mods that don't make use of the "status bar face" feature), the "ultimate weapon assembly status" checker could be used in the spot where the ALTHUD player face would be.
  • For Strife: Quest for the Sigil (& Strife: Quest for the Sigil-Specific mods that don't make use of the "status bar face" feature), the "sigil assembly status" checker would be in that spot in the ALTHUD.
  • Haven't decided what would be in that spot for Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
As to where the player face would be on the ALTHUD, I was thinking to the left of the "health/armor" meters. Before you guys ask, I did speak to Graf about the player face suggestion via PM. He said to make a post in the feature suggestion forum.
Last edited by Ultimate Freedoomer on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Player face in the ALTHUD & infinite autosaves

Post by Tapwave »

Since the Alt Hud is modifiable, chances are this will get [DIY]'d. But I'm not opposed to it, it's the only part of the original statusbar that's lacking in the althud.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Could you move the "infinite autosaves" request into its own thread?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The CVAR already exists, I could just bump the limit up from 20.
Ultimate Freedoomer

Post by Ultimate Freedoomer »

Tapwave wrote:Since the Alt Hud is modifiable, chances are this will get [DIY]'d. But I'm not opposed to it, it's the only part of the original statusbar that's lacking in the althud.
There's nothing in the ALTHUDCF lump to put the status bar face in. Also, I moved the "infinite autosaves" request to its own thread.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”