Judge My map!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:22 pm

So I want to make a Retro Fps in the Doom engine and in order to get used and to get good at the engine I wanted to make some vanilla maps. Anyway the reason I posted this is because I want some criticisms for my map and thought this would be a good place to post it, Now this is my first actual map so go easy on me but I do want some actual criticism: The good and the bad (and the ugly). So here it is (sorry for the stupid pun)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Judge My map!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:41 am

meowmeowrulez123123 wrote:So I want to make a Retro Fps in the Doom engine and in order to get used and to get good at the engine I wanted to make some vanilla maps. Anyway the reason I posted this is because I want some criticisms for my map and thought this would be a good place to post it, Now this is my first actual map so go easy on me but I do want some actual criticism: The good and the bad (and the ugly). So here it is (sorry for the stupid pun)

It's cool concept, but I don't feel like it lives up to it's name. Putting a roof over the whole thing would make it creepier, and there are some issues which I screenshotted: https://mega.nz/file/LRoRUCpK#bQoQNEYT- ... HD_o_yKRnI. Being immediately greeted by some Pinkies makes more of a Jumpscare Castle than a haunted one. When I opened up the WAD, I thought I did something wrong with loading it, but I opened it up in SLADE3 and it turned out to replace MAP22, so i idclev'd it. I would have it replace MAP01 if I ever made a WAD that's 1 map. Just some advice. Overall, it's not BAD, but it could be better. (This got a lot longer then I thought it would be lol).

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:34 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate the criticism and am glad someone finally responded, I don't really know why I made it map 22 and yeah the red key thing was just me being sloppy, Thanks for the criticism. I will use your tips moving forward.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:34 pm

meowmeowrulez123123 wrote:Thanks man, I appreciate the criticism and am glad someone finally responded, I don't really know why I made it map 22 and yeah the red key thing was just me being sloppy, Thanks for the criticism. I will use your tips moving forward.

Sorry if I was too harsh.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:48 pm

Nah you fine

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:14 pm

meowmeowrulez123123 wrote:Nah you fine

Thanks.