Powerup Colormap and Color questions

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Kzer-Za
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Powerup Colormap and Color questions

Post by Kzer-Za »

1. Is it possible to create a "not-completely-grayscale" colormap? I want the colors of the picture for the duration of the powerup to be toned down. I don't know the correct terms, especially in English: whether it is decreased brightness, or saturation, or something else, so I'll try to describe it: I want the colors kind of "compressed" towards the grayscale, but not all the way, so the bright colors could still be seen, but as dull colors.

2. For the Ring of Invulnerability I tried replacing GoldMap with

Code: Select all

Powerup.Color "yellow", 0.1
so that it only slightly tints the screen yellow. However, the side effect is that it makes the picture slightly brighter, so you can see in the darkness while the Ring is active slightly better than without it. Of course, the increase is less noticeable than the original GoldMap (which essentially makes the Torch redundant for the duration of the Ring), but I still would like to decrease this extra brightness, so that the picture gets tinted yellow, but does not get brighter (if possible, it is even better to make it slightly darker).
Hambourgeois

Re: Powerup Colormap and Color questions

Post by Hambourgeois »

Playing around with Powerup.Color and Powerup.Colormap, I unfortunately do not think what you want is possible unless there are blending options other than a straight opacity tint (i.e. something more akin to the "overlay" effect in photoshop, GIMP, etc.)

Powerup.Color applies the specified color value as a straight tint, so it will always brighten colors. You can lessen the effect somewhat by specifying a darker color for the tint, such as

Code: Select all

Powerup.Color 179, 89, 0, 0.1

Powerup.Colormap unfortunately removes sector lighting differences so that will not work.
Kzer-Za
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Powerup Colormap and Color questions

Post by Kzer-Za »

Thanks!

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”