How!?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
MrBlaskovitz
Discord: Vlada#7974
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

How!?

Post by MrBlaskovitz »

So, I'm making my own mega WAD and I have 2 maps, I use slade to edit my WAD, and I already have one MIDI file in there (for some reason I have to rename it to R_RUNNIN.MID< idk why) and because it has to have the same name its going to overwrite it, and idk how to make one song be in one specific level and make another song be in another level, can someone explain to me how I can make this work? :)
Enjay

Re: How!?

Post by Enjay »

D_RUNNIN, not R_RUNNIN ;)
The reason that works is because GZDoom knows* that map01 uses the music file called D_RUNNIN and the one that you have provided takes priority over the one from DOOM2.WAD.

You either do what you did with map01, but with a music file name the same as the game uses for map02 (D_STALKS). But you seem to have figured that out because I've played your map02 and it correctly uses the new D_STALKS file that you provided.

Or, you can create a text lump called [wiki]MAPINFO[/wiki] and define various things about your maps there - including the name of the music files they will use (so you can give them names of your choice).

*The reason that GZDoom "knows" which music files to use is because it has its own MAPINFO lumps in gzdoom.pk3.

Post by Guest »

Mapinfo
Add your songs there

Map = "map01"
Music = "mymusic"
MrBlaskovitz
Discord: Vlada#7974
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by MrBlaskovitz »