Why the heck isn't my 3D Floor showing up?

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:03 am

I'm just gonna get to the point. For some reason, a 3D floor, is not showing up in doom builder. I gave it a tag, made a dummy sector to make it have a 3D floor, yet it doesn't work. There's NO mistake. Yet this stupid 3D floor won't show up.

lavalabs at 2021.12.05 16-01-36.869 [R3851].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Why the heck isn't my 3D Floor showing up?

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 am

Check the dummy sector Ceiling/Floor values.
Last edited by Logan MTM on Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:31 pm

And make sure that the opacity argument of the 3D floor line is at 255 (for fully opaque).

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm

There's also "Toggle Enhanced Rendering Effects" option which will disable showing 3D floors in visual mode. The default key for it is ***TAB***.

(Sorry! I wrote his message before, but I wrote my own short cut key in it. The Default key is TAB.)

Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:37 am

ToxicBlade_2505 wrote:I'm just gonna get to the point. For some reason, a 3D floor, is not showing up in doom builder. I gave it a tag, made a dummy sector to make it have a 3D floor, yet it doesn't work. There's NO mistake. Yet this stupid 3D floor won't show up.

As you can take away from the progression of this thread, there are some suggestions for a probable cause of your problem.

In general:
If the 3D floor does not show up in the editor but does show up in-game, then it may well be that some editor setting is responsible.
However, if the 3D floor does not show up in-game, then, in all likelihood, a mapping fault would be responsible

In all cases like this, screenshots are rarely helpful, it is always best to upload the map so that someone can give a definitive solution.