door not working in doom builder

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:26 am

ok so I'm trying to make a door manually in doom builder because door mode set the door to DoorOpenWaitClose (also monsters) but I don't want monsters to be able to open the door and I don't know how to change it so I have to make the door manually and guess what it doesn't work I made the door frame have the little peg things face outward on each side of the door and all that stuff go into sectors mode right click on the door click on new tag go into linedefs mode left click on both sides on the door right click type in the same identification tag as the one in sectors mode and choose the action in my case its DoorOpenWaitClose. that's exactly what I did and the damn door wont work I've done this to make other doors and they worked but now all of a sudden it doesn't work please halp me door stuck :cry:

Re: door not working in doom builder

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:35 am

Good heavens, what a mess to read without punctuation. If you do that again then, in all likelihood, nobody will reply.

doomplayer_2474 wrote:ok so I'm trying to make a door manually in doom builder because door mode set the door
to DoorOpenWaitClose (also monsters)

but I don't want monsters to be able to open the door and I don't know how to change it
so I have to make the door manually

and guess what it doesn't work

I made the door frame have the little peg things face outward on each side of the door
and all that stuff

go into sectors mode right click on the door
click on new tag
go into linedefs mode
left click on both sides on the door
right click
type in the same identification tag as the one in sectors mode and choose the action

in my case its DoorOpenWaitClose.
that's exactly what I did and the damn door wont work

I've done this to make other doors and they worked, but now all of a sudden, it doesn't work

please halp me
door stuck :cry:

The easiest way to learn to construct a basic door is to read chapter 2.5 of Doom Builder: An Illustrated Guide, which explains it step by step.

Spoiler:

read on for more involved doors.

Spoiler:

TIP of the day: If your graphics card can handle OpenGL 3.3 or above then use Ultimate Doom Builder for all the features which makes mapping so much more pleasant.

Spoiler: