3d sector with carry special

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
stevet1

3d sector with carry special

Post by stevet1 »

I'm trying to build a platform over a lava flow using a solid 3d sector, all easy enough but I want the floor to carry the player off to one side. I've tried applying the sector special 242 - "Carry West Medium" to the dummy sector but it doesn't work - my guess is because the player is actually stood on the ceiling and not the floor. I've also tried making the 3d sector non-solid, and putting another solid sector underneath it so that the player is inside the first sector with the carry special but still doesn't work.
So - can anyone help with a way to have a 3d platform that scrolls/carries the player?
Thanks.
Enjay

Re: 3d sector with carry special

Post by Enjay »

Have you tried using a Vavoom 3D floor type (Type 0)?

They are a bit weird because you have to set the floor of the control sector higher than the ceiling - but the floor of the control sector gets mapped to the top of the 3D floor, and the ceiling of the control sector gets mapped to the underside of the 3D floor. So, if you were standing on the 3D floor, you are standing on the equivalent of the control sector floor.

Might work. :shrug:
stevet1

Post by stevet1 »

Appreciate the suggestion, sounded promising but it didn't work I'm afraid.
stevet1

Post by stevet1 »

WTF why is my username 'Betsy Grandhall' in the message above???
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Betsy Grandhall wrote:WTF why is my username 'Betsy Grandhall' in the message above???
That is a randomly generated name that is attached to guest posts. You are being treated as a guest user because you aren't logged in.

I have now fixed your existing posts so they're assigned to your user account, but please remember to log in when you post if you don't want to be a Betsy. :mrgreen:
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

The easies way to find out if you're logged in or not is simple: When you have to fill in a question when making a post, you're not logged in. Logged in user are allowed to post without the question.
stevet1

Post by stevet1 »

Thanks for the explanation!

Return to “Mapping”