what the heck with teleports now?

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Okgo5555

what the heck with teleports now?

Post by Okgo5555 »

I'm working on a some maps that teleport the player to different chunks of the larger map at random. I had this working in Doom2 Format, but I was interested in switching everything over to UDB and UDMF. Cool. but, for the friggin' LIFE of me, I cannot understand how to make teleporters work now. I watched videos, read the wiki and I feel like I've fiddled with just about every parameter and argument I can to get this darned thing to work by brute force and trial and error. :roll: :oops:

I figured that perhaps I was trying to run before I could walk, so I tried just setting up a good ole fashioned linedef teleporter with a destination spot in a tagged sector... and THAT doesn't seem to work. I don't even understand what has changed in the switch over from formats. It's pretty frustrating. I've included this test map that, amazingly still doesn't work.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sk4ffu4m ... t.wad/file

EDIT:
Holy Crap... I just figured it out. Too many options. Somehow my teleporter thing wasn't tagged for singleplayer.
Last edited by Okgo5555 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikk-

Re: what the heck with teleports now?

Post by Mikk- »

You haven't set the line's activation type to "When Player Walks Over". The teleport destination also does not have a tag set in the "Actions / Tag / Misc." tab.
Okgo5555

Re: what the heck with teleports now?

Post by Okgo5555 »

Ya. Its a disaster. I got a basic teleporter to work now. Hopefully, my random thing will work about as easily now.

Return to “Mapping”