Oblige Map Help

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:14 am

Hello, I am having an issue. I am trying to make a map pack using Oblige, i'm updating the map pack by trying to replace existing levels with new ones made in oblige as well. In particular, I am making 2 boss levels using OBAddon with Oblige; they are made to replace Map 10 and Map 30, respectively. The issue is, I can't replace the levels properly; some textures are missing with just a "!" mark appearing, The "boss" monsters are turned to normal enemies (meaning I cannot exit the level). My guess is that the textures can't load since Oblige uses it's own coding language or something. So is there a workaround for this? I really want to add boss maps but I don't want to make another Oblige Map Pack again, so any help will be appreciated. Below I attached the map pack and the two boss maps below in a Google Drive link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cm2hAnh-6QP_Fz_7H0SrguVckOt2WnbX/view?usp=sharing

Re: Oblige Map Help

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:44 pm

The first thing which struck me was, 130MB for an Oblige mapset?
Opening the pwad with Slade3 it became obvious, hires textures. You need to learn how to properly incorporate them.

Spoiler:

Load all 3 pwads into Slade3

Spoiler:

Copy/paste your boss levels into the main pwad. Pay attention to the namespaces.
Rename the map marker names accordingly, for example:
  • MAP01 of gibboss1 to MAP10, delete MAP10 of the main pwad
Switch around the appropriate CWILVxx level name lump to match the map number, where xx is map number - 1.
Correct CWILV29, which is not a level name lump but a map marker.

Spoiler:

If you happen to duplicate some patches and/or flats, then run Maintenance from the Archive tab.

Aside from that, you need to change the maps to GZDoom format, preferably UDMF, which is relatively easy to do.

In case you are interested, here is my logfile of quickly opening all maps:

Spoiler: