Doors won't stay open...

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Kafelnikov

Doors won't stay open...

Post by Kafelnikov »

Hello there, I'm a newbie at this so bear with me, I made a ''pass this line and the doors on the wall will open'' linedef trigger and as you can see in the screenshots it works, the problem is that the doors don't stay open, I want them to be permanently open after you pass the line, what am I doing wrong?

This is the linedeft action:

This is the door type:

This is how it looks in game (the doors close down after a while and I don't want that..):

thank you in advance
cheers
Last edited by Shadelight on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shrunk images down. Please don't post such large images!
Nevander

Re: Doors won't stay open...

Post by Nevander »

Wait I'm confused, you have lines to do Door Locked Raise by walking over by also have them set to Door Generic when player presses use on the walls. Which is it? Anyway, Door Raise implies that it closes automatically. Door Open is where it stays open. For both Door Locked Raise and Door Generic, you can set the close delay to 0 so they never close.
Kafelnikov

Post by Kafelnikov »

Nevander wrote:Wait I'm confused, you have lines to do Door Locked Raise by walking over by also have them set to Door Generic when player presses use on the walls. Which is it? Anyway, Door Raise implies that it closes automatically. Door Open is where it stays open. For both Door Locked Raise and Door Generic, you can set the close delay to 0 so they never close.

Well, I usually create doors with the automatic button on top of the editor ''create door'' or something like that, what kind of door should I create for this type of trigger events? I can only select ''press use'' or ''walk thru'' and other similar options under door generic, I want the player to not be able to tinker with the doors manually, just them to stay open after they are triggered automaticly by the linedef.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Just set your lines that you want to open the doors to do Door_Open and you're set. Clear the action from any other lines. There's nothing more to be done.
arachnotron

Post by arachnotron »

Kafelnikov wrote:Hello there, I'm a newbie at this so bear with me, I made a ''pass this line and the doors on the wall will open'' linedef trigger and as you can see in the screenshots it works, the problem is that the doors don't stay open, I want them to be permanently open after you pass the line, what am I doing wrong?

This is the linedeft action:

This is the door type:

This is how it looks in game (the doors close down after a while and I don't want that..):

thank you in advance
cheers

offtopic but can you explain how to enable these white lines that connect the tags?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

That's GZDoom Builder's "show event lines" setting. Press i and they should toggle. You can also click the little i icon on the far right near the test button.

Return to “Mapping”