how to make a door with digicode?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
landstalker02

how to make a door with digicode?

Post by landstalker02 »

hello, i would like to know if it's possible, to make a door with digicode?... :?

For a normal porte, i use "action" key and the door open. Ok... But for my question i imagine two ideas :
1. in front of the door, I use "action" key and a picture of digicode appears on the screen and i have the "mouse", to click on the button (0, to 9). the key "Enter" valide that.
or...
2. I use "action" and the text appears "Waiting... Please Enter the secret code !". Nothing else (it's more simple like that xD), and we can tape the secret code on the keyboard directly ; the "Enter" key valide it.

I've never see it in a mod or the game... so, is it possible? :roll:
Enjay

Re: how to make a door with digicode?

Post by Enjay »

It has been done before in a few different ways. This one is quite close to what you described: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=30068

I have also seen one with a pop-up that also uses mouse control to click the numbers but I can't find it just now.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

Enjay wrote:I have also seen one with a pop-up that also uses mouse control to click the numbers but I can't find it just now.
I assume you were thinking of this?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That's the one! Thank you.

I think I have also seen another one - same idea but with different graphics (blue background with white numbers). No idea if it was based on your code or not.

Return to “Scripting”