cant get gzdoom mapinfo options to work

Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:08 am

I'm trying to set the pixelratio = 1 in the gameinfo block of the MAPINFO in a pk3 and it doesn't work.

I tried changing all of the values of these options as well:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO_options_ ... L_renderer

None of them have any effect. I'm using the latest version of GZDoom. I'm using freedoom as the iwad if it makes any difference.

Re: cant get gzdoom mapinfo options to work

Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:42 am

I don't think PixelRatio can be used in the GameInfo section. I'm pretty sure it's only a map setting.

Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:17 pm

Thank you that did make it work. I don't understand why there's literally zero information on the entire internet about where I'm supposed to put this code for it to work right.

Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:55 pm

That particular page is somewhat misleading because it lumps a bunch of options together, yes. In fact I'd say it's probably time to remove that page anyway, or clear it up as GZDoom is the default now, not ZDoom.

However if you go to the individual pages for map definitions and gameinfo definitions, it lists the pixelratio properly in the first one. WTF why is it not there

8-)

Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:27 pm

The word pixelratio doesn't appear on either of those pages. All information/discussion about the gzdoom specific mapinfo settings on the internet only say to put it in mapinfo, but don't specifically say put it in a map definition. I can't imagine why someone would change the pixel ratio between maps so I would never think that it belongs in a map definition.

Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:23 pm

My bad, I did not double-check my assumptions. You are correct, it's not on the expected page.

The entire MAPINFO page (and subpages) probably needs an overhaul to be honest. It's not very readable.

8-)