Super noob speaking here

Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:33 pm

I don't know how to code, edit maps, or make scripts yet I'm putting it on myself to do some advanced stuff with a certain wad. I found several good gameplay mods that fit perfectly with Wolfenstein, Doom Incarnate and Kriegsland, and I thought why not try original.wad a go with these mods? (I tried the supposed updated version of the wad but none of the keys ever spawn) However, I somehow managed to get to the Hans Grosse boss and came to a dead end. I edited one of the things in the map editor to become a key as the pillar that revealed the key never rose. However, when I got to Dr. Schabbs, things only got worse. Since there wasn't a proper end to the level I wanted to input a special script where after Schabbs is defeated, it would transfer to the next level. Though, even going through the wiki and finding videos from ten years ago, I still can't figure out how to open the action tabs for things. I've tried UMDF and Hexen and all the other settings, but none allow me to set up actions for scripts like death events. Please, what am I doing wrong and is original.wad even possible with these kinds of actions?

Re: Super noob speaking here

Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:13 am

Percival Nerringchen wrote:I still can't figure out how to open the action tabs for things.

You click on it. Simple as that.

UDMF and Hexen format do allow direct setting up of events upon specific monsters dying. Closer-to-vanilla formats like Boom and (obviously) Doom generally don't. But without knowing anything about this original.wad you mention, I'm guessing what happened in your particular case is a mod incompatibility - mods that replace monsters especially tend to break scripts that are supposed to trigger upon monster death.

Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:35 am

I'm assuming what you're meaning by "original.wad" is Laz Rojas' "Wolfendoom: The Original Missions," of which the "enhanced" version ran a modified Boom source-port and a frankly rather complicated DeHackEd patch in order to make sure that bosses end their episodes correctly (and the Grosses drop their keys). If that is indeed the case, know that that's actually a very old thing, and there's more recent, potentially more compatible adaptations of the Wolfenstein 3D episodes for ZDoom that you can work from.

I'd start here: viewtopic.php?p=1207038#p1207038

Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:31 am

@MFG38 There is no action tab whenever I choose the ports. The action tab never shows.

@wildweasel I've actually tried the the enhanced original.wad in the past, however, there is one glitch that happened every time: the keys never spawned. In their place is just more weapons.