You cannot use clearepisodes in a MAPINFO if you do not...

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:35 am

I made an .ipk3 out of my project but there is one problem halting progress that I do not understand :

Code:
You cannot use clearepisodes in a MAPINFO if you do not define any new episodes after it.

Re: You cannot use clearepisodes in a MAPINFO if you do not.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:09 am

As the error says, you clear all episodes and don't define any new ones, meaning there will be no way for the player to actually play your game.
You have to include at least one episode with the Episode Definition in MAPINFO.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:19 am

Keep in mind that an episode is mostly a glorified way to tell the game on which map to start a new game. If you don't define any episode, then starting a new game becomes impossible.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:07 am

I've made it past that problem and into the next one!! GZDoom is telling me that all my Zscript characters already exist!!??

Code:
SPZ1.ipk3:zscript.lmp, line 57: Class name RGB_Boys_Red__ZScript already exists

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:10 am

Check to see that you aren't somehow loading your file twice (perhaps as a -file alongside it being loaded as an IWAD).

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:05 pm

That cannot be the problem because I am just drag-and-dropping the file onto GZDoom

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:07 pm

You are loading an iwad as a pwad and then GZDoom probably also loads the iwad again, because it needs one to launch.
Try simply starting GZDoom instead of drag and dropping.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:42 pm

You are right that the program was loading the data twice. I had to make a batch file and use -iwad to make it work properly

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:21 pm

Sorry for the double post guys but I have another .IPK3 question. I found that my mod's escape menu is purple and this is not preferred! I checked all the MAPINFO and IWADINFO wiki pages and I didn't see anything. :?

PurpleBG.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:32 pm

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/GameInfo_definition

use the dimcolor property in MAPINFO's gameinfo block, and the dimamount property.