Sound Issue : Monster Death/Pain Sounds play twice on Death

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)

Sound Issue : Monster Death/Pain Sounds play twice on Death

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone! I'm a bit new to the Doom modding scene, but I've got a little experience under my belt, and am currently working on a TC. Today, I seem to be having a problem with a custom monster not playing its pain sound. On top of that, upon death, they'll play their pain and death sounds twice. I've checked both the SNDINFO and DECORATE files, but nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Maybe there's something I'm missing? (Let it be noted that while I use Decorate, I'm open to learning ZScript as well, any and all suggestions are welcome.) Is there a way I can share the code here? I've seen others share code, but I'm not exactly sure how.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Sound Issue : Monster Death/Pain Sounds play twice on De

Post by Player701 »

Unfortunately, it's hard to say what might be wrong without being able to see the code. So yes, you will have to show us the code first, both DECORATE and SNDINFO. Simply copy-pasting it into this thread is sufficient but you should also use the code tags for better readability, like this:

Code: Select all

[code]Your code goes here
[/code]

Return to “Scripting”