Respawn gives.a dead unarmed player a pistol

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Hidden Hands

Respawn gives.a dead unarmed player a pistol

Post by Hidden Hands »

I found an issue I'm not sure how to fix. In my mod the player is unarmed except for a flashlight. I was testing it out the other day, and I was killed. I used thebconsome command "respawn" so I could continue checking out what I had made but it brought me back holding Doom's standard pistol. This wouldnt be an issue but I would rather this not happen when the game is released so it's best I address the problem now. Why is this happening and how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Respawn gives.a dead unarmed player a pistol

Post by Player701 »

Hidden Hands wrote:"respawn"
There doesn't seem to be such a command, perhaps you meant "resurrect"? If so, this command does not modify the player's inventory, so the problem must lie somewhere else - most likely within your own code. Unfortunately, without being able to playtest your mod (or at least see the code for your player class and the flashlight, and maybe more if necessary) I can't say anything more than that.

Return to “Scripting”