grouping multiple species?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

grouping multiple species?

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Is it possible to group multiple species?
I had to add species to creatures in my mod to allow Corruption Cards to work with it properly, but it introduces infighting among creatures i don't want infighting (but also do not want to gain the same card effects)
Misery

Re: grouping multiple species?

Post by Misery »

You can change species within the monster's species property, or you can also change it in ACS with APROP_Species usin' a custom string. Change the species of the monsters you want to group together with a custom species. Oh, and you can also customize damage type to exclude specific species of monsters. There's a post that describes that particular method in more detail viewtopic.php?f=122&t=66538.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

i have the species all set up but I need a way to make Species A not fight with Species B or C
Misery

Post by Misery »

Well, in that case, that is why I posted the link to the topic about damage type (see above post). You can customize an actor's damage type to correspond to another actor's damage immunity. In other words, one species group has Alpha damage type, and another species group has immunity against Alpha damage type.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Custom_damage_types
https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Damage_type_definition

Return to “Scripting”