ShareX issues

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
cubebert
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

ShareX issues

Post by cubebert »

I've installed ShareX a couple of weeks ago hoping to record gameplay for bug reports, but GZDoom 4.4.2 doesn't seem to work. Everytime I try to take a screenshot or video, the first frame of the window will always be captured instead of the current frame. Videos seem to record audio properly, but it only captures the frozen frame like the images do. Is there anyone who has the same issues I do or knows a fix? I should mention that it does work on other source ports, so it might be something on my end.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ShareX issues

Post by wildweasel »

Try enabling vid_activeinbackground from the console and see if that helps ShareX to "lock on" to the game.
cubebert

Post by cubebert »

I still couldn't capture the game, even with upgrading to GZDoom 4.5.0. I've gotten the hotkeys for "Capture active window" and "Start/Stop screen recording using active window region", so maybe I might have to choose a different task for it to work.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Player701 »

I don't know anything about ShareX, but I've used OBS Studio to record gameplay footage a couple times. It works fine even without vid_activeinbackground.
cubebert

Post by cubebert »

I've looked at the website for the download links, but OBS Studio doesn't seem to work on Windows 7. Should I pick up OBS Classic or is there an earlier version of OBS Studio that works with my OS?
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Player701 »

Oh, sorry, I have no idea. Maybe OBS Classic will work. I'm on Windows 10 since 7 is not officially supported anymore.
cubebert

Post by cubebert »

I've used OBS Classic and everything works as it should, thanks wildweasel and Player701 for the technical help. I'll still use ShareX as a way to upload Imgur photos since it's very convenient.

Return to “Off-Topic”