Re: New Member Introductions

Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:21 am

Hello.

I used to play Doom on DOS way back as a kid and now I'm back to play it with some modern improvements like mods the source ports.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Hello.

I've never played Doom before, but I've played Sonic Robo Blast 2. I've started making mods for that game.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi i made an account to show the mod I made.
I also made some maps you can see them by looking for me at the DW forums I go by Theperson there

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:21 am

Umm.. Hi

I'm Hor1zon Str1der.
I make tunes and mods. I'm currently working on three TCs, cause I'm apparently crazy. :P

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Hi guys im a new user 8-)
i make perty good youtubes on my channel and i enjoy playing gmaes

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Been here forever, somehow never made an account. Hey y'all.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:59 am

So this is my first post on a forum...

Hi, I'm Ragedox, a Brony (yes I like horses from My Little Pony ), I draw digital arts as a hobby and I'm creating a mod with my friends.
I met DOOM through a friend and the first one I played was DOOM 2016, and today I'm a big fan of the series and I completed all of them (that are available for sale), I think it's really cool to make mods for GZDoom, it's not that hard (I think, I haven't gone too deep yet), you can do a lot of things well even with Decorate.

I don't know what to write anymore and I think that's it, so bye! :D

Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:47 pm

I'm Willytor, I'm fairly new to the world of DOOM in general, but i love playing doom mods. Truth be told, i havent played any of the doom games from start to finish (yet), since I'm pretty bad at first person shooters. Made this account a while ago to be able to look at user profiles and I'm still not able to, hopefully when i hit enough posts I'll be able to. I had a bit of an aversion to doom for a while because i had a pretty awful acquaintance who really liked it, but now that I'm sinking my toes into it, maybe despite being a bad person they had good taste in games.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:47 am

Hi, I'm SuyaSS.

I do not do much except play games and study. I sometimes upload my music or play games on my YouTube channel.
Still very beginner DOOM. Started by playing Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Biggest Doom Achievement - Complete Ultimate Doom entirely

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:51 pm

Hello, everyone. I hope you are feeling well.

Though I have the level author name "Reviver", I can also be found online as CasualExplorer.

I discovered GZDoom months ago after having fun configuring Marshmallow Doom 0.79. Before, I had heard of ZDoom, but decided to not to try it until I read about GZDoom. After reviewing GZDoom's system requirements, I decided later to download it. After that, I knew I found my favorite Source Port and I make sure to have the latest stable release version. Seeing as Marshmallow Doom and GZDoom share common command line parameters, I was able to quickly transition to swapping between Iwads and Pwads. I truly enjoyed, and still do today, the privilege of having a CD-ROM version of Final Doom and a DVD external drive. I simply copied the Iwads to my local hard disk with the file destinations being my GZDoom directory.

I have several hobbies, and one of them is modding Doom series games -- particularly Doom II: Hell on Earth. I stick with Pwad editing and creation lately. There is a certain thrill and lasting sense of accomplishment when I have finished creating a wad file that metaphorically embodies my level design style. I try to make each level I intend to publish to file hosting sites at least a little better than my previously published map. I compete with myself to up my standards because it is rewarding to know that I succeeded in becoming a better level editor. I always push myself to higher standards, and do so out of love for the Doom series games, making sure to have lots of fun in the process.

I find other games in different genres fun, and play them using my computer system. My library of collected games includes titles such as Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Persona 4: Golden, Sonic Mania, Mega Man X Legacy Collection volume 1, and even Doom 64(all Steam versions). If a game is well-made and is fun, then I will most likely return to it and amuse myself in its gameplay.

I am going to keep this introduction short, and conclude with this statement: If you wish to know more about me, please feel free to contact me.

Strange Introduction

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:51 pm

Hello, my name is Jet strange, But you can call me Jet.
I'm good at photo and video editing. ( Photoshop, Sony Vegas, "some" After effects)

Now the thing is I've been on these forums for a long time, then I came back! all thanks to playing classic doom n such!

The hobbies
Spoiler:

Why I came back
Spoiler:

I also really came back because man... Doom is seriously Timeless! we're in 2021 and still people are making awesome creations with this game... Doom is phenomenal :)

Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:45 pm

hi. name's rita. introduced to classic doom and zdoom by my dad. i'm still learning to play the game, though. tq and have a nice day =:)

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:29 am

Hello, the name is Lt.Gonflette, I got introduced to Doom through the PlayStation version back when I was 2 (kinda young, I know), and I still play Doom games and WADs from time to time. I also like playing other retro FPS, boomer shooters and car combat games in the vein of the 90's.
Started playing with source ports around 12 or so years ago. Now I pretty much use GZDoom exclusively.

Have a nice day.