The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Captain J »

AFADoomer wrote:An experiment in dynamically generating inline key/button prompts...
Oh neat! More BoA updates! :D
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Trying to work on Evil Unleashed more, I tried writing a dumb automap that would highlight the interiors of sectors with another color on the helmet hud, like what the mockup in Alpha 0.2 shows. it's a little limited, creating a bitmap when you start a level (a la alpha 0.3 and alpha 0.5) so it's not dynamic but it'll work for my purposes. (I don't think it's too much of a gameplay cheat, since the scale is fixed and you can't manually pan it. Any obvious secrets can have their lines hidden from it).

It uses a scheme inspired by the Amiga's blitter. Any line that isn't perfectly horizontal is drawn into a scratch buffer, with information about whether or not there's a sector on the left or right of the line. I then go through each line, starting to fill when I encounter a "there's a sector to the right" bit and stopping when I encounter a "there's a sector to the left" bit (with some code to handle the situation of 2s lines). Currently it does this one sector at a time but it might be possible to do all at once.

Honestly, at this low resolution, it might also be possible to do it dynamically, but there's some rabbit holes associated with that I feel.
Angel-Neko_X
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

Deybar_TECH
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Deybar_TECH »

I decided to record one of my tests
of the improved universal instakill.

Also, I'm testing my fully rebooted "XD_Muertes" audio pack
which when complete and well balanced,
will separate from my GameplayMod and have its own topic.

:!: watch out. the problem of "infinite audio channels" will be very loud volume at the end of the video.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Pulled out an old and incomplete remake map of E2M1: Deimos Anomoly. Did some work on it, and you know what? I really like what I've got right now.
Spoiler: Screenshots
I feel like something's missing, but it's fully playable, so if anyone wants to try it out, here's the download.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DXAh5C ... Hu3Z-B_3i/

Be sure to send me some feedback if you try this out, especially if you have an idea of what I should add!
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

DrPyspy and I have been working on a project we've had on our minds for a while in-between all of our other projects. I'm really loving how things are coming out!
DenisBelmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

holy god this looks fantastic. 30th anniversary project?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Definitely interested to see more of that; I felt that BOA was going a bit too far for Wolf 3D, aesthetically. This blockier take looks good.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

Cardboard Marty wrote: (...)

DrPyspy and I have been working on a project we've had on our minds for a while in-between all of our other projects. I'm really loving how things are coming out!
It has my appproval =P
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

been working on my Bloodborne mod after what feels like an eternity
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

Finally i'm allowed to share few clips from project Hellslinger. Something i've been working on (as a programmer) for a while now.

InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Finally getting around to implementing the #1 most requested feature since I started working on Descent stuff, allowing support for actual MIDI devices. This requires writing an implementation using the Windows MM api, which seems to have gone well. I went an incredibly lazy route and just use an output device with short messages. ZD used to do this but switched to streams though, so maybe I should consider the same. It's mostly complete save for a weird timing bug that's making the first couple of notes play really fast.

I've since learned that these songs have pretty extreme panning and the MS synth is really making it sound like some instruments just aren't playing while I wear headphones, but they magically appear if I use speakers or flip my headphones around (my right ear doesn't hear as well)

Next up I guess is creating some interface for actually selecting synths. I could be lazy and use the MIDI mapper (it currently does), but as far as I'm aware MS has made it a pain to configure the mapper and I'm sure it's better to actually have real device selection.

ed: oh right with my main goal being complete (both games now support multiplayer) I'm moving builds to github so people can actually find them and then look at how barebones my shit is
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Kinsie wrote:Image
color me intrigued.

...I don't know what color intrigued is.

Purple is good too I guess. But this screenie looks very cool.

Return to “Off-Topic”