been testing and improving since
the beginning of this year.
:)

the universal sound pack: XD_MUERTES-g9.pk3
and the Doom modifier: Slaughter_Weapons-g3.pk3

available together in the
Gameplay mods area:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=72041
Last edited by Deybar_TECH on Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: The WIP Thread

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:06 am

InsanityBringer wrote:Image
experimenting with a descent 3 hack. adds windowed mode, new mouse code, higher fovs for widescreen mode, optional msaa. also experimenting with patching the sound code to use OpenAL Soft. Descent 3 is easily my least favorite Descent, but it's still not open source and the game's super crusty on modern systems, so it's been a fun challenge. I didn't realize truly how nice MSAA is until I started working on this. Here's a pic without it. You can see it at the tops of the hills.

Also vaguely want to see if I could bolt in a Vulkan renderer for fun, but I need to like... actually finish my first triangle program before I even think of doing anything like that. Also the benefits may be minimal since the game exposes a pretty simple interface to the rendering code (used to support glide, opengl, direct3d, and a software renderer through the same paths..), but it can't be any worse than opengl on amd.
I had a surprising amount of trouble getting this to run in a window recently, so I'd be very interested in this.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:38 pm

I've gotten a really basic config parser in (god I hate writing even simple parsers..), and I'm starting to get the offsets from the GOG/Steam version loaded in (apparently my version is slightly different... also loading in these tables is a pain and I should have done it from the start...). I think I might be able to get something released within a day or two. Also I wrote a simple configuration program to help set up the config. There's not too many options atm:

This early version is frustratingly lacking in some patches I want to apply, such as one to make it use HKEY_CURRENT_USER for the registry rather than HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and I've not been able to trace where the resolution changes for the fmv code occurs, so you need to move your movies directory to avoid that, but I want to get something out to ensure this doesn't just blow up on other people's machines and otherwise most of my hacks seem to be working fine right now

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:33 pm

InsanityBringer wrote:experimenting with a descent 3 hack. adds windowed mode, new mouse code, higher fovs for widescreen mode, optional msaa. also experimenting with patching the sound code to use OpenAL Soft.

I'd be most interested in projects like this but, I'd also really like to get the native Linux port of Descent 3 running as well... somehow.

Having Descent 3 in a 640x480 window would be great for me to stream the game in.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:43 am

Showing off the mana drain mechanic that will be implemented in the upcoming Abysm 2: Pharaoh's Judgement - Mission Pack.
The Soulbite Ring will recover your White Mana each time you hit a melee attack, while The Mindbite Ring will do the same but for Black Mana.

Zscript Code by: Jekyll Grim Payne

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 pm

I wikified the source ports PsyDoom and K8Vavoom so that at the very least a summary of their capabilities are easy to find.

No ZDoom stuff for now, but i am peeking at SanyaWaffles's WiGZDoom fork and hGZDoom. Standalone forks have merit too!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:59 pm

The look of the level is coming together very well. There's a lot of room for detail even in levels with a wolfendoom aesthetic.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm

fireblu woflenstein
now thats true hell right there

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:34 pm

Redneckerz wrote:No ZDoom stuff for now, but i am peeking at SanyaWaffles's WiGZDoom fork and hGZDoom. Standalone forks have merit too!

just FYI I recently restarted WIGZDoom again, based on the old source code and a modern build of GZDoom (a 4.6devbuild).

There's not alot going on under the hood difference-wise.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:24 am

A gameplay video of my upcoming level pack for Abysm 2: Infernal Contract, Pharaoh's Judgement.
This can be loaded in along side the base mod for an additional Episode.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:30 am

The javelin feels exceptionally weak from the video.

But the cultist that crouches and throws flechettes is awesome.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:01 am

neoworm wrote:The javelin feels exceptionally weak from the video.

I agree. the Throw Alt fire is a new addition so still doing testing and damage tweaking for it.

neoworm wrote:the cultist that crouches and throws flechettes is awesome.

Yeah they were really fun to code and test. :)

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:55 pm

working on th crazy cjity. its fucking sick

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:53 am

SanyaWaffles wrote:
Redneckerz wrote:No ZDoom stuff for now, but i am peeking at SanyaWaffles's WiGZDoom fork and hGZDoom. Standalone forks have merit too!

just FYI I recently restarted WIGZDoom again, based on the old source code and a modern build of GZDoom (a 4.6devbuild).

There's not alot going on under the hood difference-wise.

Does not mean it shouldn't be covered :) Had some more requests for this aswell, so ill be getting something together. I reckon these forks are better suited for the ZDoomWiki than for DoomWiki given that the latter does not yet cover works like DayTime Drama.*

*And maybe they should.

EDIT:
Gave the entirety of drfrag's forks (!) a DoomWiki article. Will put up ZDoomWiki equivalents later. Now it will be very easy to recommend ZDoom versions to people who have a specific usecase. :twisted:

Sun May 02, 2021 3:44 am

more gameplay video of my upcoming level pack for Abysm 2: Infernal Contract, Pharaoh's Judgement.
Testing a WIP boss