Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:57 pm
Notice: The survey is currently closed. GZDoom 4.3.3 does not include the survey code that 4.2.0 did. Download (OpenGL 3.3 and higher for hardware rendering, Direct3D 9 or later for software rendering)Highlights
This is a mainly a bugfix release for the softpoly renderer and the customizable invulnerability colormap featureDetails
- fixed resetting of music volume after closing dialogue
- exposed Level.MusicVolume to ZScript
- fixed calling a function on string CVar
- added ability to filter VM disassembly dump
- add check for unity version of Nerve.wad
- infrastructure in place in case Nerve.wad changes again, this can be extended
- customized invulnerability colormap does not interfere with Powerup.ColorMap
- precache a few sounds being referenced in common game code.
- define misc/secret for Hexen, too. By now there are some mods defining secrets for the game so this sound should be present there.
- Implement special colormap support for softpoly
- Softpoly: Fix broken fixed camera light for walls
- make nosave standalone CVar flag, alongside server and user
- implemented screenshots in softpoly backend
Last edited by Graf Zahl on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm
Thank you kindly.
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:28 pm
Should I overwrite to update or delete and replace the old one?
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:36 pm
It's up to you, you can do whatever you want with it - but most people just overwrite and replace.
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:37 pm
Rachael wrote:It's up to you, you can do whatever you want with it - but most people just overwrite and replace.
OK, that's what I'll do.
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 pm
there's really been a lot of releases lately, hasn't there?
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:04 am
Groundbreaking new features often require a few intermediate versions to address some issues.
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:42 am
Waaah, I have to work round the clock to keep GZDoom up to date. The pressure is unbearable.
Not really of cause.. here it goes:https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.zdoom.GZDoom
And, in the last week, we had: 234 downloads, which puts the total on 1494.Edit
I also bought a Pinebook Pro
, so I'm currently doing some tests to compile and distribute GZDoom for ARM. No promises though, there are some weird linking issues so it might take some time to work out.
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:53 pm
As always, thanks to Count Graf for yet another GZD release.
Wiki page will be updated as we speak.
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:07 pm
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:38 pm
Had to take a break of about 16 months for my project. Upgraded to 4.3.3 coming from 3.5.1 for a large TC with giga Zscript lines : just a few type mismatches which were corrected in 2 minutes. As far as I can tell no errors or strange things happening - all working as intended. That's quite an achievement guys!
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:17 pm
Graf- did you try to do with GZDoom the same way you did with Blood GDX? Porting to java. And does that make sense?
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Kamil wrote:Graf- did you try to do with GZDoom the same way you did with Blood GDX? Porting to java. And does that make sense?
Java adds significantly to the overhead - if anything Graf wants less of that in general.
It would not enhance the current experience, but it would be a significant time sink.
Just my 2 cents. The only Java port besides the GDX ones that got somewhere was Mocha Doom.
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:08 pm
Okay.I understood you.
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 am
IIRC, Graf isn't fond of Java.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.