REDS OVER WORLD - 30-level Cold War TC - 2.0 VERSION IN THE MAKING

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WojtTheDoomer2K

Re: REDS OVER WORLD - 30-level Cold War TC - OUT NOW, RELEASED, READY FOR PLAYING!

Post by WojtTheDoomer2K »

Check out the new Soviet Briefing theme for 2.0 I remixed from Freedom Fighters music - really wanted it to sound creepy and "corrupted", to really give the player the feeling that you're playing as the villain in the Soviet campaign, something the generic ambient that all three factions got didn't really convey.

The US Army and NATO briefing themes will be from ROWan.
auratoostronk
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: REDS OVER WORLD - 30-level Cold War TC - 2.0 VERSION IN THE MAKING

Post by auratoostronk »

I played through the first level and I've got to say I'm very impressed by the amount of detail and creativity in the level design. Nice work!
WojtTheDoomer2K

Yet another v.2.0 update - while extracting Far Cry 1 textures for DOOM usage, I found these four cool textures. These are meant to be WW2-era Japanese equipment, but honestly really look like old Soviet computers/machinery I saw on photos of Soviet and Eastern Bloc bases during the Cold War.

Should I add them to some Soviet maps, replacing some of the low-res out-of-place looking computers? Or is this too unnecessary of a change?

WojtTheDoomer2K

Sorry if im "bumping" this thread too much, but I found one interesting thing some people might enjoy - here are some original sprites from back when the mod begun, was more Wolf 3D-esque in terms of aesthetics and, and still had that early "three factions" plot. Hard to believe some of those sprites are almost three years old!

There's plenty of cut content here, andd some of them got cut for interesting reasons; if anyone's curious just ask. And maybe I should bring some of those concepts back in the 2.0 patch? What do you think?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”