I lost all my savefiles?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
shino1

I lost all my savefiles?

Post by shino1 »

I updated GZDoom to the newest version (by overriding old folder with new version), and I no longer have my savefiles detected? The files are still in the Save folder, but I have no idea where should I put them. When I was prompted on update to change folders or something I just clicked OK and went with the default option (I didn't pick the portable thing). I'm using Windows 10 64 bit.
Where do I have to copy my SAVE folder for GZDoom to detect it?
EDIT: Wait, if I'm reading this correctly I have to downgrade back to 4.8 to be able to keep my saves? That's stupid. I have a ton of old saves, I have no idea what you mean as "until you can safely delete them". Some of my playthroughs are spread throughout months on end.
shino1

Re: I lost all my savefiles?

Post by shino1 »

Okay, solved. Downgraded to 4.8, and instead of 'waiting until I can delete my savefiles' (lol) I simply installed 4.10 in a different separate folder and copied gzdoom.ini to My Documents/My Games thing. I guess I have two GZDooms now.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

btw, you don'tneed to copy gzdoom.ini to Documents\My Games. just rename gzdoom-<yourname>.ini to "gzdoom_portable.ini" (w/o quotes).
shino1

Post by shino1 »

Oh, thanks!

Return to “Technical Issues”