What games do you play other than Doom?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
AmissaAnima
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: What games do you play other than Doom?

Post by AmissaAnima »

Recently i've gotten around to play through Dead Space 2 again after an unknown amount of years and boy do i admit i really missed playing through this game again.
sinisterseed
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by sinisterseed »

With my interest in all the console generations I have utterly missed, I've taken on building myself a collection of PS2 titles waiting for me to play, and I got some rather interesting releases, of which I'm currently going through Kingdom Hearts, slowly approaching the end of the line, now in Neverland.

Waiting up would be a bunch of games, including:

- Dragon Quest VII.
- FFVII and FFX.
- Fatal Frame 1-3.
- Kuon.
- Clock Tower 3.
- Timesplitters.
- Gran Turismo 4.
- Mafia (also on PC).
- Manhunt (same).
- Psi-Ops.
- Splinter Cell.
- Ratchet and Clank.
- Crash Bandicoot.
- Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus.
- Primal.
- Okami.
- Tomb Raider Underworld & The Legend.
- Legend of Spyro.
- Scarface.
- Castlevania Lament of Innocence & Curse of Darkness.
- Shadow Hearts.

Yeah that should keep me busy for a while lmao.
daemonspudguy
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Marietta, Ohio, USA, North America, Earth, Universe

Post by daemonspudguy »

daemonspudguy wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:36 pm Just Cause 3
Just Cause 4
Quake
GTA V
RDR 2
Unreal
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Garry's Mod
Minecraft
Minecraft Java Edition
Minecraft PS4 Edition
Duke Nukem 3d
Rise Of The Triad Dark War
Ion Fury
PySol Fan Club Edition
And many more, if you want to know what PC games I play specifically, my Steam library is long
I will also add Serious Sam Classic 1 &2
Half-Life
Half-Life Blue Shift
Half-Life Opposing Force
Black Mesa
Doom
Doom 2
Doom 3
Doom 3 BFG
Wolfenstein 3d
Wolfenstein 3d Spear of Destiny
HITMAN World of Assassination trilogy
Hitman Blood Money
Hitman Absolution
Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Unturned
Street Fighter V
Mortal Kombat 11
Various versions of Tetris
Dr Mario
And many, many more.
Clown_Number_42
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Clown_Number_42 »

I used to play Dwarf Fortress, i liked adventurer mode because of the in-depth combat but burned out because of lack of content. So i tried fortress mode, but i burned out there too because of lack of progress beyond the caverns.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

I'm on year 2 of being stuck in this PSO2 thing.
sinisterseed

Post by sinisterseed »

Been rather binging some Castlevania titles, actually, after some more Kingdom Hearts, and the first Onimusha game.

Currently giving Dawn of Sorrow a spin, and mostly loving it so far. Here's hoping the Clock Tower doesn't suck in this one. The tower has consistently been the weakest part in the games in my book, navigation is difficult and the amount of enemies in some of the games is almost trollish at times - SOTN was easily the worst of the bunch. Combine that with an annoying puzzle to solve in addition to visual noise, and there's your sure fire way to hell. But at least it gradually improved between entries.

Difficulty wise they're fairly alright, but some entries had frustrating spikes at times (Death in Aria of Sorrow for one lol, feels completely random). I'm skipping those too difficult as I'm not interested in making myself miseable of abusing the life out of the games until they break. Portrait of Pain may be next, and I'm rather digging what happened with Alucard post-SOTN. Paranormal investigator for an agency just feels so right for him. And more stunning than ever.
AmissaAnima

Post by AmissaAnima »

Eyy another fan of Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow, Hopefully you've gotten around to playing the new game plus content of those games they can be kind of sweet especially in Dawn of Sorrow case
Spoiler:
Anyways if you want to play more Castlevania games i urge you to check out Bloodstained Ritual of the Night if you haven't done so already.
ballies
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 pro

Post by ballies »

The Witcher 3
Baldur's Gate (all of them)
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Rigteous
Neverwinter Nights Diamond or this sites
Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Icewind Dale Games
KOTR games
Civ 4
sinisterseed

Post by sinisterseed »

AmissaAnima wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:15 am Eyy another fan of Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow, Hopefully you've gotten around to playing the new game plus content of those games they can be kind of sweet especially in Dawn of Sorrow case
Spoiler:
Anyways if you want to play more Castlevania games i urge you to check out Bloodstained Ritual of the Night if you haven't done so already.
Yes, I've already been there and done it. The bad ending is pretty much the only ending I ever get the first time I play these games, it's just way too easy to fuck up lol. I still remember how I killed Richter multiple times in SOTN before learning that I haven't progressed damn near nowhere enough to get the true ending. AoS and DoS were a similar case, first time I forgot to put on the pendant in DoS.

I liked DoS more than AoS overall, I felt like Aria had a few nasty difficulty spikes with some bosses, and Death felt so random. But then, Dmitrii sucked in Dawn, too, or rather his stupid drones. I've been pretty much on a Castlevania binge recently, I'm almost done with Portrait of Ruin currently, and next up, I plan on starting Dracula X for the SNES (I'm purposefully avoiding Rondo, yes, because the SNES port is said to be easier, which is exactly what I'm looking for).
HopeMetal

Post by HopeMetal »

Overwatch
Ultrakill
Graven and Dread Templar aren't done yet so I guess I am playing those too (same for Ultrakill)
Finished Dusk a month ago
Started playing Trials of Mana after the demo but haven't played that in 2 weeks.
Then there's a bunch of games I got but haven't played yet, including:
Doom 3
Doom 64
Oblivion

As you can see, there is a lot of FPS games. I do play other genres depending on my mood though.
AmissaAnima

Post by AmissaAnima »

sinisterseed wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:51 am
AmissaAnima wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:15 am Eyy another fan of Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow, Hopefully you've gotten around to playing the new game plus content of those games they can be kind of sweet especially in Dawn of Sorrow case
Spoiler:
Yes, I've already been there and done it. The bad ending is pretty much the only ending I ever get the first time I play these games, it's just way too easy to fuck up lol. I still remember how I killed Richter multiple times in SOTN before learning that I haven't progressed damn near nowhere enough to get the true ending. AoS and DoS were a similar case, first time I forgot to put on the pendant in DoS.

I liked DoS more than AoS overall, I felt like Aria had a few nasty difficulty spikes with some bosses, and Death felt so random. But then, Dmitrii sucked in Dawn, too, or rather his stupid drones. I've been pretty much on a Castlevania binge recently, I'm almost done with Portrait of Ruin currently, and next up, I plan on starting Dracula X for the SNES (I'm purposefully avoiding Rondo, yes, because the SNES port is said to be easier, which is exactly what I'm looking for).

I personally looked up guides beforehand when playing through both Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow as i couldn't bring myself to play through the game again just to find out what to do, The same thing happened with SOTN mainly cuz it was almost impossible to figure out what the heck to do thanks to the absurd map locations you had to be in in order to get the true ending,

I don't really know which Castlevania is my favourite but i personally enjoyed playing through Bloodstained Ritual of the night, Mostly due to the soundtrack though haha, Portrait of ruin was a fun experience but i didn't like the easy to fail quests such as when you accidentally sell a piece of equipment there's only one of in the entire game, I'm not that into the older Castlevania games thanks to the great difficulty in those ones.
sinisterseed

Post by sinisterseed »

AmissaAnima wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:54 pm
sinisterseed wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:51 am
Spoiler:

I personally looked up guides beforehand when playing through both Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow as i couldn't bring myself to play through the game again just to find out what to do, The same thing happened with SOTN mainly cuz it was almost impossible to figure out what the heck to do thanks to the absurd map locations you had to be in in order to get the true ending,

I don't really know which Castlevania is my favourite but i personally enjoyed playing through Bloodstained Ritual of the night, Mostly due to the soundtrack though haha, Portrait of ruin was a fun experience but i didn't like the easy to fail quests such as when you accidentally sell a piece of equipment there's only one of in the entire game, I'm not that into the older Castlevania games thanks to the great difficulty in those ones.
Oh don't worry, I'm also watching guides step by step when playing these games, they would simply take ages to complete otherwise and that wouldn't be any fun as these games absolutely require tons of exploration to get the good endings, there's just no way around. Or not doing anything stupid, first time I got to the vampire daughters I killed them lmao. I was just supposed to cast the cure spell on them instead and that solved it. It was surprising how Brauner wasn't even a boss after all. You do get to kill him, but he basically doesn't even fight back, and then you have to take on Dracula and Death. I didn't mind the quest system much considering that I think I completed like, 50% of them only. I stopped after I got the Royal Sword. There's also an exploit to get infinite items sometimes, but I never did that for obvious reasons.

I like the old games as well, but not exactly the NES ones are these are just plain brutal and full of BS at times, no wonder their difficulty got toned down over time because these games just weren't much if any fun to play because of how tedious they could get at various points. I finished Dracula X in the meantime and even its difficulty was fairly high at times due to the setup of the scene (Dracula and platforming sections with Medusa's coming at you wtf). The fight against Dracula in that game is very much broken by design as well, as the hardest part of it is getting your shots to actually register. That isn't fun or any difficult, it's just plain, bad design. And also ensure you take minimal damage for the second stage while at it, too. No can do...

Right now I'm going through Harmony of Dissonance, and I'm rather digging this one, too. I just wish the OST was better because it's definitely the weakest point of the entire game, people are in fact right about that, but not outright terrible either. And I'm digging its easy bosses, it's actually is a nice Castlevania game to chill to. Juste got me fooled at first too, would have never guessed he was a man before reading an article referring to Juste as "he". After this game, next up on my list is Circle of the Moon, apparently the events of this game got decanonized a while ago, which is curious.
Clown_Number_42
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Clown_Number_42 »

Space Station 13 (I'm a Clown & Assistant main)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Still "playing" a lot of Cyberpunk 2077. I say "playing" in quotes simply because I don't have much time in real-life right now. So, dipping into Cyberpunk to take a few posed pics using photo mode then quitting is my jam right now.

I have completed the game several times - like proper completionist stuff, all quests, side gigs, gang fights, life paths (as male and female) and even all ~200 dead bodies scattered around the world with data shards on them investigated. So there is not really anything new for me to do (until the DLC) but dropping in for a quick photo session is pretty much all I need and have time for at the moment anyway.

One of my better pics:
Spoiler:
and, of course, a bit of low-key modding (note the shirts):
Spoiler:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Awesome screenshots, Enjay! And don't feel guilty about that, Cyberpunk honestly is an awesome game, just unfortunately flawed in a lot of ways.

Return to “Off-Topic”