ZDoom64 - A last hurrah for classic ZDoom (2.9pre)

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ZDoom64 - A last hurrah for classic ZDoom (2.9pre)

Post by Redneckerz »

Graf, i have -twice- politely asked you to point to me the exact commit that does the ZScript habberdashery, only for you now to say that final commit holds zero intrinsic value to go after. If that's the case, then you shouldn't have referenced that commit -twice- to suggest to begin with to work from there. That's being obtuse.

I agree that its initial offset (Basing it on master) seems to be errornous and Gibbon himself (He has no account here) has mentioned that a clean sheet and a sufficently derivative port name would be a better (Understanding you were going to say similar) fit for what this sets out to do, as Nash suggested. Which is some kind of final 2.9.0 release of ZDoom with a few QoL improvements to it.

Ill thereby request a lock for the time being.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The last safe commit is most likely 7624973ef331409d635de8447779524cc79863e7.
After that one I cannot track the non-ZScript branch anymore
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Thanks, Graf. :)
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

It's not that simple, the asm removal was completed in the ZScript branch. I think that's what broke the Mac build BTW, there was no CI back then. Personally i forked before the asm removal but then i had to cherry pick some commits, actually i had to merge the chainsaw fixes manually. It's better to do some investigation. That said you can see what branch a commit is on using browse repository with tortoisegit and looking for wadsrc/static/zscript.txt.
Like i said GZDoom 2.2 already had a 64 bit build and the software renderer.
I already commented about this in the ReBoom thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... nt=2392757
BTW does Gibbon know anything about D3D11 programming?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This was a very tough decision but I've gone ahead and locked the thread as requested. On one hand I don't normally do this as I don't see any harm in the discussion continuing, but on the other I think that just barely enough negativity has happened here that probably everyone involved just needs a temporary emotional break from it anyway, so I am hoping this does nothing more than simply lift a weight off everyone's shoulders until something important develops and this can be unlocked again.

Return to “Game Engines”