HXDD: A Heretic & Hexen WAD Merger, Updated: 10/16/2023 [0.7.2-Beta]

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: HXDD: A Heretic and Hexen Wad Merger

Post by fakemai »

Can't believe I hadn't noticed this one until now but I'll be watching for an update. I like the Raven games and having more mods compatible with them is appreciated, Hexen 2 is a particular soft spot.
Lemon King

Re: HXDD: A Heretic and Hexen Wad Merger [0.7.1-Beta]

Post by Lemon King »

0.7.1-Beta is out now!
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Fates Path its added, but e6m3, its the same of heretic, the map from fates path its a little diferent it ads an exit and a endtext, and you manually, you have to open mapinfo, and write all 3 name levels of the episode, or when you open the automap, the levels names dont appear, only show HHUSTR_E6Mx :bang:

It would be perfect if you can add Blasphemer to this smoosh 8-)
Lemon King

Post by Lemon King »

irukanjji wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:47 pm Fates Path its added, but e6m3, its the same of heretic, the map from fates path its a little diferent it ads an exit and a endtext, and you manually, you have to open mapinfo, and write all 3 name levels of the episode, or when you open the automap, the levels names dont appear, only show HHUSTR_E6Mx :bang:

It would be perfect if you can add Blasphemer to this smoosh 8-)
Blasphemer most likely won't be added due to it being unfinished at this time.

I'll look at Fate's Path again if I have it defined incorrectly.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Ok, thanks m8, keep good work
Lemon King

Re: HXDD: A Heretic & Hexen WAD Merger, Updated: 10/16/2023 [0.7.2-Beta]

Post by Lemon King »

Version 0.7.2-Beta Update bump!
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Hi Lemon King, i´ve downloaded last vs 0.72, of your mod, but when i try to buid, the app dont show the button build, it seems it work in a much high resolution then i have (1366x768:16.9), is there a option to set configuration for my specs, or a way to resize the app ?
Lemon King

Post by Lemon King »

irukanjji wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:46 pm Hi Lemon King, i´ve downloaded last vs 0.72, of your mod, but when i try to buid, the app dont show the button build, it seems it work in a much high resolution then i have (1366x768:16.9), is there a option to set configuration for my specs, or a way to resize the app ?
I built the interface with 1080p as the min spec for screen height, the application has a height of 866px.

I'll look into a redesign of the interface in an update to make it easier to use.
Until then, a viable workaround would be to connect your pc to a tv if you have one that outputs 1080p+.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Thanks for the info, unfortunately my tv specs are the same of my notebook
Lemon King

Post by Lemon King »

irukanjji wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:21 am Thanks for the info, unfortunately my tv specs are the same of my notebook
Next version has an adjusted header for lower desktop resolutions with a height of ~756px.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Great, thanks Lemon King, and FatesPath, works now, as intended ?
Lemon King

Post by Lemon King »

Fate's Path is on the todo list for 0.7.3.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Great m8, fingers cross...lol
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I played through the entirety of the first hub of Hexen and some of the second one as Corvus, a solid experience with only two bugs I am aware of:

-Corvus' Jump Height or JumpZ is still 8 in Hexen when it should be 9 like the other classes, or else you get softlocked without resorting to cheats like noclip or fly, as some mandatory jumps become too high to reach.

-In maps with a rotating sky, saving and then loading causes the sky to rotate at max speed for some reason.

Forgot to mention, I played with Hexen 2-style leveling enabled. It felt like the only stats to ever increase were Health and Mana, with the other four like strength and intelligence being fixed. Was it always like this? It's been a long time since I played Hexen 2, could also be because of playing Corvus specifically. Let me know, I'm curious :D
Lemon King

Post by Lemon King »

Been a busy few weeks. Had a lot of things which pulled my attention away.

Thanks for those, I'll fix Corvus' Jump and figure out what exactly is going on with rotating skies.

Hexen 2 style leveling is mostly a direct port with some added features. Stats are fixed and only randomized at creation. Another function is depending on the Hexen 2 class and weapon they can affect damage output. Its weird.
I do want to add some more functionality in the future but that depends on limitations and stat increases at level increase could easily be expanded upon.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”